BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just took delivery of my X7 order on Saturday, two days ago. As I was driving around I noticed (thanks to the white exterior) a lot of oil splatters on the external door panels, all along the car on both sides (even some oil/grease on the rear bumper). I wiped it down, drove around and accumulated even more. Any thoughts? I am trying to get an appt to take it in for service but pretty annoyed that they can't seem to squeeze me in. Literally dropped over $80K and within 2 days it needs service and I'm getting nowhere with that dept.

Attachments

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 119K miles NOKIAN WR G3 30K miles
23,472 Posts
Road trash?

US$80K does not make you so special. Mine was US$86+K and I’ve been waiting since January for parts and service.

Reactions: HotGrbg

·
Registered
13,892 Posts
You could have ran through some oil in the road, and it was flicked up by the tires. It also could be tire "splooge" put on when they washed and preped your car. They wipe off the excess, but when the tires heat up the stuff thins out and comes out of the crevasses in the sidewalls. Meguiar's Endurance is bad for doing that.

A friend of mine was parked near a dumpster. The garbage truck came, and when picking up the dumpster blew a hydraulic hose for the lifting arms and soaked my friend's car.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Could also be from tire gel that wasn't absorbed. Why not get to know your vehicle and give it a nice hand wash to see if it comes off. If not our nuclear engineer friend will have a recommendation for removal that does not damage paint etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts