BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
but I'm seriously considering to buy a 3.0 CS or a CSI. I know it's an old car, needs maintenance etc. But this model is gorgeous, one of my favorites. I saw one in the city the other day and it looked flawless.

I was browsing the sites and found a few cars with reasonable prices.

What do you think ? Anyone driving young classics ?

Here's one I found in Austria. He's asking about $5000, but I may get it for $1K below.

G

·
nate328Ci said:
I like it a lot!

One of my (and Bangle's) favorite BMWs :thumb:
I've wondered about that. How can someone so obviously blind as bangle actually LIKE that car. It's beautiful, so surely he should hate it.

But 3.0s are RARE in the US, especially 3.0CSis. So their prices are all over $10K. Often MUCH higher.

But they certainly are gorgeous. And, compared to the 2002 of the same era, they are unique and fast.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
You're NOT crazy at all Alex. Go for it! :thumb:

Alex, OT question: reading the info JP posted re: S4, that guy says the S3 will hit our showrooms as a 2003 model - late this year/early next year... Is the new A3/S3 out in Germany yet? :confused:

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alex,

I've checked other sites, but haven't seen any info regarding the 'new' A3/S3. No, not this year.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Alex Baumann said:
Alex,

I've checked other sites, but haven't seen any info regarding the 'new' A3/S3. No, not this year.
Maybe the guy who originally posted that info meant 2004... :dunno:

Thanks! :thumb:

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
M3turbog16 said:
there is nothing wrong with an old car..I have a 1978 320i in works and I love that car, I also love the 3.0 csl! good choice!
Thanks for encouraging. A few more posts like this and I'll go for it. I'm still searching for a good one. I have time till the end of summer where the automobile market slows down a bit.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.