BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK,

Got to work today and after closing the sunroof, I tried to pull the shade forward and it was stuck. So I figured I would open the roof and close it again because maybe it will reset itself. BIG MISTAKE!!! The roof opened about half way and CRAMMED the shade back into the inner workings of the roof and now it’s all crumpled up and jammed. Thank god the sunroof closed again, but the POS is all mangled and stuck in there. Can't reach it, our even know what to do to get it out.

So back to the dealer I guess. There is a door rattle I need fixed anyway. My BIG concern is how they are going to fix this. I REALLY don't want them taking my headliner apart. It will NEVER be the same after they try to put it back together. Anybody ever had this problem and if so what was the resolution. I am so PO'ed right now. Well there goes the 18-month stretch of no problems. :mad:

Edit: Ok, just made the appointment. Also said they would run my vin to see if I need the front bushing replacement while it's there. Maybe I should ask about the door seals while I am at it. They don't seem to be a problem yet. No sunroof for me this weekend. :bawling:

Oh well, suppose to rain anyway. :rolleyes:

·
Ölmeßstabmeister
762 Posts
I haven't had that problem, but my salesperson warned me to be careful with the sunshade when I took delivery because a clip breaks and jams... good luck getting it fixed -- I don't know what they have to do.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Re: OK, First Big Problem!! Grrrr...

jpgurl (jana) said:

That same problem happend to me last week. Call the dealer. I had the whole thing replaced in a day. $1,300 worth of warranty work btw.

good luck.
-j
Thanks Jana,

Did you notice any damage of problems after the work was done? Did they have to remove the headliner?
:dunno:

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
Re: Re: Re: OK, First Big Problem!! Grrrr...

TD330ci said:

Thanks Jana,

Did you notice any damage of problems after the work was done? Did they have to remove the headliner?
:dunno:
Happened on my wife's car as well. Removed and replaced the entire moonroof casset just for a stinkin' sliding sunshade that's stuck.

I'm 100% certain the roof liners will need to be remove to access the moonroof casset. But no visible signs of repair and no rattles so far. It did look like they cleaned up the headliner as well. :)

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That sucks!!

Oh well, I plan on checking EVERYTHING when I pick it up!! Don't remember ever having had something repaired without issues arising afterword.

Everyone be careful closing your sunroof shade. You could be next!! :tsk:

·
10,856 Posts
I wonder if i could get them to just take mine out... I hate the damned thing, it rattles constantly. It almost makes me regret getting the moonroof.

·
Formerly CCs328Ci
1,460 Posts
Nick325xiT said:
I wonder if i could get them to just take mine out... I hate the damned thing, it rattles constantly. It almost makes me regret getting the moonroof.
Is it the rubber making a sound rubbing together or something else making a rattle? THe moonroof is not a common rattle, just curious :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.