Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Here since day one
7,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's a 1998 Eclipse GST Conv bright red with grey leather.

It's a 5 speed and has 27,000 miles and is in mint condition. I offered $14,000 for it, so we'll see if the seller is going to take it. It is a lot less then what he wanted but I feel the price I offered was good.

We'll see what happens, I hope he decides to take it, otherwise I might offer the person with the 91 White Celica Conv (with 120,000 miles) $3,000 (though the owner says he will only go down to $4,000 which is too high for this car !!

I had checked it out today as well and it is in extremely good condition considering it's age and miles . . .

·
Parking Spot Maven
2,831 Posts
Have you checked into insurance costs on the Eclipse? I don't know about your neck of the woods, but in California some insurance companies won't even insure that car (at any price). A friend of mine was looking into buying one about a year ago and he decided not to after he looked into the insurance. Way too many little racers drive those and kill other people (and themselves) behind the wheel too often for some insurance companies to want them as customers.

Just a thought... good luck with whatever you get. :D

--SONET

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Cool, you went with my recommendation! :thumb:

I hope you get the deal you want, it's an incredible ride with even minor modifications. If it wasn't for a few relibility risks I would own a GSX Coupe right now. :D

·
Here since day one
7,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SONET- insurance wasn't even a real concern of mine and considering I'm in the business you would think i would know better :dunno:

Mystikal - of course I listened . . . you give good advice :thumb: :thumb: plus I'll be the first to admit that I always wanted to own a 2nd generation Eclipse (conv or not) it's always been one of my favorite cars. I've rented a few in Florida and there is just something I love about that car. The new eclipse doesn't give me the same feeling. The funny thing is, I once had a 95 Eagle Talon FWD turbo. I had only kept it for 2 to 3 months and it was a fun car but a ton of torque steer.

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Alright Alan let's hope they take your offer:thumb: Sounds like its the choice you wnated all along;)

Now we can focus on steering issues and other issues that drive you batty:D (j/k)

·
Here since day one
7,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
PM 325xiT said:
Alright Alan let's hope they take your offer:thumb: Sounds like its the choice you wnated all along;)

Now we can focus on steering issues and other issues that drive you batty:D (j/k)
I am sooooo done with those crazy little issues . . . well hopefully . . .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts