Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 650i convertible. I removed the center console to replace the idrive controller. After finishing, I was successful in replacing the controller but ran into a bit of a memory problem (my memory). There was a single cable left over with no place to go or connect to. It comes from the rear of the center console and looks like it should connect to another cable under the center console storage bin. I have included pics of the wire and the connector. The emergency brake is to the right of my index finger. The end of the
connector is circular.
The second problem I encountered: the convertible top will not operate at all. The buttons on the console will not light up. Fuse?

Thanks in advance for any help out there?
IMG_0414 (1).jpeg
IMG_0415.jpg
IMG_0416.jpg

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
That cable is for a cell phone that goes in the center console. It’s not used and can be be left alone.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks roseng! My car will not allow a cell phone to be added - it gets stuck after you select phone on the screen. Is this why? If so, what do I need to get to get the cell phone to work in the car with bluetooth?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is this module I found on eBay work with this cable? BLUETOOTH OPTIC ANTENNA FIBER SYSTEM MODULE.
Part number shows:
8450 6928461

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
The part you see is just an antenna. Will not help you.
This antenna connector was for a Plug in module that BMW no longer makes. They were cell phone specific and a PITA.
You should have no problems adding a phone. There is a limit of 4 phones to be paired. Make sure all current phones have been deleted. Then try again. If you still have issues then try a CIC reset by holding in the volume button while powered on. Wait for it to reboot. Than delete all phones.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts