BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
...worked on the railroad
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings, all!

I currently have a deposit on an Infiniti G35 6-Speed Sedan for February, 2003, but there's something inside of me that isn't happy. I keep telling myself that the G35 is larger, it costs less, yadda, yadda, yadda - but the interior keeps coming back to haunt me - the lower quality leather, the amber LED's and the analog clock.

I just want to go with my heart and buy what I REALLY want - a 325i. I don't care about the HP, I don't care about the size - I just can't get that car out of my head!

I want to keep it a looooong time (like 10 years). If I take good care of it, and maintain it according to schedule - shouldn't it last that long? I see old Bimmers around all the time; all the scare stories I've heard about how expensive the parts and maintenance are can't be the whole picture!

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Is there a question somewhere in there???

How many 10 year old Japanese cars do you see on the road???

In my area, you see a lot more 10+ year old BMW's (in good shape) than anything made by the Japanese

Check kbb.com for value of a ten year old toyota, against a ten year old BMW

·
...worked on the railroad
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DougDogs said:

In my area, you see a lot more 10+ year old BMW's (in good shape) than anything made by the Japanese

Oh, I don't want to sell the car; I want to keep it for as long as I can!

I think I've let myself be scared by the horror stories long enough; Lord willing, I'll be going down to Crevier BMW in December and get my Topaz Blue, 325i 5-speed with Premium Package (the Infiniti guy is going to be bummed, though! :cry: )

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
car_for_mom said:

Oh, I don't want to sell the car; I want to keep it for as long as I can!

I think I've let myself be scared by the horror stories long enough; Lord willing, I'll be going down to Crevier BMW in December and get my Topaz Blue, 325i 5-speed with Premium Package (the Infiniti guy is going to be bummed, though! :cry: )
a lot of the "horror stories" are from early in the e46 run, you shouldn't have any serious problems with a new vechile.

Congrat's, I think you making the correct choice...I'm expecting my new one to last me 7-9 years (unless I hit the lottery:angel: )

·
You Lick It, You Own It
14,417 Posts
DougDogs said:

I have a 93 300ZX Twinturbo and i know quite a few people with 90-92 300ZX Twinturbos that runs flawlessly.

10 years? that's all? Toyotas.. those damn Corollas!!! And Camrys!!

Let's not forget the Accords and Maximas!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts