BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
...worked on the railroad
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings, all!

I currently have a deposit on an Infiniti G35 6-Speed Sedan for February, 2003, but there's something inside of me that isn't happy. I keep telling myself that the G35 is larger, it costs less, yadda, yadda, yadda - but the interior keeps coming back to haunt me - the lower quality leather, the amber LED's and the analog clock.

I just want to go with my heart and buy what I REALLY want - a 325i. I don't care about the HP, I don't care about the size - I just can't get that car out of my head!

I want to keep it a looooong time (like 10 years). If I take good care of it, and maintain it according to schedule - shouldn't it last that long? I see old Bimmers around all the time; all the scare stories I've heard about how expensive the parts and maintenance are can't be the whole picture!

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Is there a question somewhere in there???

How many 10 year old Japanese cars do you see on the road???

In my area, you see a lot more 10+ year old BMW's (in good shape) than anything made by the Japanese

Check kbb.com for value of a ten year old toyota, against a ten year old BMW

·
...worked on the railroad
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DougDogs said:

In my area, you see a lot more 10+ year old BMW's (in good shape) than anything made by the Japanese

Oh, I don't want to sell the car; I want to keep it for as long as I can!

I think I've let myself be scared by the horror stories long enough; Lord willing, I'll be going down to Crevier BMW in December and get my Topaz Blue, 325i 5-speed with Premium Package (the Infiniti guy is going to be bummed, though! :cry: )

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
car_for_mom said:

Oh, I don't want to sell the car; I want to keep it for as long as I can!

I think I've let myself be scared by the horror stories long enough; Lord willing, I'll be going down to Crevier BMW in December and get my Topaz Blue, 325i 5-speed with Premium Package (the Infiniti guy is going to be bummed, though! :cry: )
a lot of the "horror stories" are from early in the e46 run, you shouldn't have any serious problems with a new vechile.

Congrat's, I think you making the correct choice...I'm expecting my new one to last me 7-9 years (unless I hit the lottery:angel: )

·
You Lick It, You Own It
14,417 Posts
DougDogs said:

I have a 93 300ZX Twinturbo and i know quite a few people with 90-92 300ZX Twinturbos that runs flawlessly.

10 years? that's all? Toyotas.. those damn Corollas!!! And Camrys!!

Let's not forget the Accords and Maximas!

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
my previous car was a 91 protege and it's still running fine. had to replace water pump belts but that's it for major work. in fact my dad uses it as his daily beater now... still runs great

1 - 6 of 6 Posts