BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Damn i final got the rear wheel off... i started a forum about this about a week ago... well now i can't get the wheel on... (new wheels) when i put it on, its on but it doesn't go in all the way... is holding on by less then a mm... :mad:.. i was thinking on grinding it down a bit .. its really really close.. or should i take a different approach to this here a real pic of the rims

·
Registered
401 Posts
i'm no guru on this, but i have heard this from other people. hopefully if someone else knows exactly how to say it or knows better than i do, then perhaps they'll do you some real good. anyhow, here goes. if the wheel didn't come from an e39, the hub size may be different. if that is the problem, then it would affect the way that the wheel flanges up with the hub. i'll step back and see if anyone else knows better or may have any more insight on this, or any ways to possibly remedy this.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i know but this did come off an E39.. well it fit and E39... it came from my girl's uncle... he gave me these and put the original stock one on before he sold it..

·
Registered
904 Posts
Was he possible running some adaptive spacers that were 74.1 mm on one side and the smaller hub bore 72.6mm on the other side? just a thought. Or, if you haven't already, clean the hubs thouroughly with a wire brush-maybe some corrosion that is holding things up.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I would strongly suggest you get a micrometer and mic the outside hub diameter on the rear rotor and the inside hub bore on your rims.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts