Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Here since day one
7,178 Posts
geomax said:
..The Europeans get all the good cars. Check out this 325ti, posted by a guy in England:

http://bimmer.roadfly.org/bmw/forums/e46/forum.php?postid=881715&page=1

Note the "M" on the doorsill. I supposed there's going to be an M version of the upcoming 1/2 Series...some years away tho...
You like that car !?!? I saw his message over at the org and didn't reply because I think that thing has got a bad case of the fugly's

·
10,856 Posts
the kompact is ugly...
But I'd LOVE to drive one.

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Re: Re: Once again...

Alan F said:

You like that car !?!? I saw his message over at the org and didn't reply because I think that thing has got a bad case of the fugly's
This from an Eclipse driver:confused: ;)

A good commuter car IMO, M sills maybe a little cheesey:dunno:

Oh heres to you Alan:flipoff: :flipoff:

·
Here since day one
7,178 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Once again...

PM 325xiT said:

This from an Eclipse driver:confused: ;)

A good commuter car IMO, M sills maybe a little cheesey:dunno:

Oh heres to you Alan:flipoff: :flipoff:

Are you saying that you think it is a good looking car :dunno:

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Once again...

Alan F said:

Are you saying that you think it is a good looking car :dunno:
No its not my favorite styling I was just trying to bust your chops a little since no one else is here on Sat mornings. It would be a good commuter car IMO.

I'm disappointed that I got no :flipoff: s in return.:cry:

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I actually kinda like it. The front end is pretty odd, with those funky headlights, but over all, I think it's cool. reminds me of an Alpha Romeo.

·
Here since day one
7,178 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Once again...

PM 325xiT said:

No its not my favorite styling I was just trying to bust your chops a little since no one else is here on Sat mornings. It would be a good commuter car IMO.

I'm disappointed that I got no :flipoff: s in return.:cry:
I'm a little too tired this morning (my turn to wake up with the kids)

Didn't mean to disappoint you . . . so here's one for ya !!

:flipoff:

·
Registered
10,695 Posts
It is Fugly, but somehow intriguing

I think I like the idea of a compact 3 series-- but wish they could clean up the styling. that new bumper makes the car more e65-ish--not a good thing. The sad part is that like the last compact, BMW makes a dowdy looking car, which therefore won't sell well and then they'll chalk it up to "no one wants to buy a compcat 3 series". BMW needs to take a look at the C class sports coupe (although that's not my favorite styling either) to see how to style a 2 door hatchback.

·
Here since day one
7,178 Posts
Re: It is Fugly, but somehow intriguing

robg said:
BMW needs to take a look at the C class sports coupe (although that's not my favorite styling either) to see how to style a 2 door hatchback.

I couldn't agree more . . . there is a really nice white C class Coupe in my nieghborhood with the sport package wheels and it looks really good . . . it's actually tempted me to go to the MB dealer to take one out for a spin.

I once drive the C class coupe ot a Mercedes event at the Nassau Colliseum and it was ok but I didn't feel like I was driving a sport coupe, it felt more like a MB Sedan which wouldn't be bad if that's what people want in a sport coupe but I would venture and say it isn't.

Menawhile, it was on a small home made course and you really couldn't 'drive it' if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
10,695 Posts
I've also been sort of tempted by the C sports coupe-- but have read too many horror stories about recent MB quality that I think i'll pass. I really don't like the interior quality of the new C class either-- way to cheap and plasticky. I also don't like the sounds that MBs 2.3 supercharged 4 makes. I've driven an SLK230 w/ that engine and it sounded like a lawn mower at times--- totally detracts from teh driving experience.

·
Here since day one
7,178 Posts
robg said:
I've also been sort of tempted by the C sports coupe-- but have read too many horror stories about recent MB quality that I think i'll pass. I really don't like the interior quality of the new C class either-- way to cheap and plasticky. I also don't like the sounds that MBs 2.3 supercharged 4 makes. I've driven an SLK230 w/ that engine and it sounded like a lawn mower at times--- totally detracts from teh driving experience.
my father's had a few MB's and they have been 'ok' reliability wise
His 99 E320 4 matic wagon had pretty much no problems
His 99 CLK320 never had a problem until a month ago and then it had some type of major engine problem which kind of scares me. MB fixed it under warranty in only a few days but it still isn't a good feeling to have your 99 MB engine taken apart :(

The funny thing is, he said to me it feels even faster since they fixed it . . .

Anyway, the Wagon has been history for a while and he's trading the CLK in for the new CLK500, we'll see how that one is . . .

·
10,856 Posts
In my experience, the E class almost never has major problems. The E-Class has always been Mercedes' taxi line. (This is not a bad thing, IMHO.) I traded a '99 E320 4matic for my current Touring. I actually liked it a lot, except for the seats and the damned pansy tranny.

It ran perfectly, the only problem that I recall was a broken rear sway bar. (Yeah, I ran it HARD.)

Edit: The S class is piss-poor reliability wise and the C is just too cheaply made.

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Those tail lights look like they were plucked out of a IS 300. PDC, as usual, looks like crap. The front end looks like an Integra with kidneys. Nice idea but poor execution.

BTW, those door sills must add about 10 hp. ;)

·
Here since day one
7,178 Posts
dredmo said:
change the tail lights, and I kinda like it.:dunno:
change the back part of the car after the rear window, add a trunk, and put the label 330Ci on it and I'd like it too :lmao: :lmao:

·
10,856 Posts
Alan F said:

change the back part of the car after the rear window, add a trunk, and put the label 330Ci on it and I'd like it too :lmao: :lmao:
Yeah, but it would handle like crap then.

·
Now with Nano
1,310 Posts
I wonder what the 325ti will be like when people start retrofitting M3 engines in them. I've heard that this has been done on the E36 platform.

·
Now with Nano
1,310 Posts
I wonder how much of a weight savings there is with the smaller chassis? any andling advantages like shorter wheelbase or torsional rigidity?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts