BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yup, just took delivery of my new 330i last night. I drove to teh train station this morning, came back this afternoon, and somebody backed into my front passenger quarter, right by the door. Doesn't look like the door is damaged, but you really can't tell if a new quarter panel will ine up with it, until you put the new panel on.

So, I went to the police station "there's nothing we can but except file a report"... went home and made up some signs that I just posted at the train station (where you have to put your dollar in the slot to pay for parking for the day) asking for a honest person that would please call me. Who knows, maybe there are people like that still (other than me.. I'd definitely leave a note with a car I hit).

Weird thing is that I'm not really mad, just really sad.

Hope you all had a better day than I did.

·
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the comments. It helps...

I really don't want revenge, just ownership of the problem. I should be giggling ear to ear driving my new car, but not today. That was taken away, and I was just thinking that I was (maybe I have a little OCD :( ...) only able to drive the thing a couple of times with that "Damn, this is a brand new car" feeling. Now, I have to deal with body shops. Just not fair.

Tomorrow, I'll pull myself up by the bootstraps, and go on, hoping somebody will call me with info.

·
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
UPDATE

Well, I made reward posters last night and plastered them at the parking lot. I figured may a hunfdred dollars would make somebody come forward, or make the person who did it step forward, without being "caught". When I drove into the parking lot this morning 2 different people pointed out the same car/lady. They wouldn't come out and say they saw it, but they also said they believe it was her.

She drives a conversion van with a trailer hitch that just happens to line up perfectly with the main damage.

I called the police to give them my new info and ask if there's something that can be done with that info, given nobody's willing to totally say she did it.

The Police are going down there now to take a look at her van (big old Chevy conversion van), and measure it for themselves with my car's marks.

Also, get this, last week this same lady/van was leaving the parking lot and (no brakes lights lit) drove straight into a parking lot light!

I'm glad people noticed where this lady was parked yesterday. It so happens that she was partked in THE spot that would have allowed her to back straight into my passenger side.

I hope the wheels of justice turn in my favor this time. I'll keep you all posted.

·
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Chris330ci said:
Good luck! I hope they get the irresponsible bi!ch. :tsk:
Thanks Chris! I hope they get her too. I nicely confronted her last night at the train station, aand she wouldn't say anything to me other than (in a robot like voice - monotone) "I did not hit your car". Even after I explained 2 people pointed her out to me, and that she may be saving herself criminal charges if she just admitted what she did, and exchanged papers with me. ... "I did not hit your car". Oh well. I do have to say that I thought I would lose it on her, if I confronted her, but it was a totally neutral conversation.

.. ON A GOOD NOTE ..
I did get an update from the police today that they actually went down, took a look at her van and my car, noted the positions we were in that day of the accident, took pictures, measurements...etc.

Although they say I can't yet get a copy of the police report, because "the investigation is still under way", they said that they are finding her responsible and were going to pay her a visit, whatever that means. I don't even know if they would then be citing her with a hit and run...

I was dumbstruck that they would do this for a hit and run. When I stopped by the Police station today to see if there were any updates (or a police report I could pick up), all the people knew me as that poor guy with the new BMW. I think they feel sorry so they are making the above and beyond effort.:thumb:

I can't talk to the officers who are doing the investigation until Monday though. Oh well. I hope it will be enough to atleast file a claim against her.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.