BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heyt all,

I do remember that the one touch function was working yesterday on the driver's side window, for both up and down. But today, it is not working for winding up. Any reason why? :dunno: Has anyone experienced this?

Comments welcomed!

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
VinceTopasBlau3 said:
Damn....is there somewhere I can reset the switch or something maybe? :dunno:

AFAIR, you don't have the TIS CD, right ? Maybe someone can chime in and take a look in the CD to see where it sits. On the coupe it's in the left door.

·
Registered
738 Posts
VinceTopasBlau3 said:
Heyt all,

I do remember that the one touch function was working yesterday on the driver's side window, for both up and down. But today, it is not working for winding up. Any reason why? :dunno: Has anyone experienced this?

Comments welcomed!
My 325 did this for one day a few weeks ago and it has been fine since then. I was a little confused.

·
Banned
3,006 Posts
Vince said:

Heyt all,

Comments welcomed!
Did you check that your door was completely closed? Don't know for sure with the sedans, but the coupe windows won't "one touch" closed if the door is not *fully* shut.

Doug

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Similar problem...

I have a similar problem with my moonroof. Every so often it will only close 2/3 of the way when I use the "one touch" to close it. It gets about 75% closed, but then opens back up so the 1/3 of it remains open. :dunno:

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
Re: Similar problem...

GimpyMcFarlan said:
I have a similar problem with my moonroof. Every so often it will only close 2/3 of the way when I use the "one touch" to close it. It gets about 75% closed, but then opens back up so the 1/3 of it remains open. :dunno:
It's a common problem. Try to fix it with initializing. If it doesn't work, go to your dealer. They either upload a new software or change the motor.

To fix the sunroof, note the position of the roof (closed, open, or tilted). Let's use the "tilted" as our example. Press and hold the sunroof switch in the tilted position (i.e. press the switch straight up). Hold it for 20 seconds- This should reinitialize and it should work properly now - Source E46Fanatics FAQs

·
Formerly CCs328Ci
1,460 Posts
Re: Similar problem...

GimpyMcFarlan said:
ok, that is a screw up of the 2000's... Mine did that and they put a new motor in it...works everytime now

·
My TARDIS is a BMW
5,352 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: One touch window not working....

DougP said:

Ok, I'll be more specific - my 2002 330Ci windows will not "one touch" closed if the door is not *fully* shut
My '02 325i sedan is the same... one touch does not work unless the door is closed.

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
An update:

Thanks to all who replied. Well, I had a closer look just now. And here's what I find.

1. I remember using the one-touch function yesterday with the door opened and it worked.

2. The window switch has two levels of clicking. The first is momentary and the second is the one-touch. The window will only roll up if the switch is in the second click not the first click. Very odd. Nothing happens in the first click. I seriously doubt that the switch is fautly. If the first click is faulty, then the second click should work as normal. It seems to me that the functions have been shifted a click away! Hrm...am I confusing anyone here?

normal
1st click = momentary
2nd click = one-touch

"shifted" version
1st click = nothing
2nd click = momentary
3rd click(if there is one) = one-touch?

3. Supposed all the windows are down and I decided to roll them up by inserting the key on the door latch. The rear windows roll up first as expected. And guess what? My driver's side stays down while the passenger's side rolled up.

This is VERY strange. Some kind of voodoo going on in my car. :mad:

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
But of course...the ordeal I went through trying to find the rattle over the last week. Whenever I had time after work, I would bury myself in the car looking for the rattle. And then drove around the block countless of times. Neighbours must be thinking I am crazy or something..:tsk: The rattle *seems* to have gone for now.

I did remove the door panel, but I highly doubt that it's the reason though.... unless...no, it can't be. This voodoo appears to be some kind of electronic glitch.

Anyhoo, my service advisor will be getting a call tomorrow...that's for sure. :(

operknockity said:
Hmmm. Might have something to do with the rattling sound you started getting after the DV trip. Something fall apart inside the door?

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
Hmm, I'd check other functions that depend on the driver's door being open/closed to do certain things.

Both One-Touch and Convenience Closing only work on the driver's window with the driver's door closed.

For example, if the GMV thinks the driver's door is open, you can't lock the car, either from the key or the lock cylinder. It could be that the hall sensors that detect the latch positions (there are 3 positions) is screwed (the rattling?) or they're all out of sync with the GMV.

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So now the question is when the door is open, does the switch activate the windows on the first or second click?

Kaz said:
Hmm, I'd check other functions that depend on the driver's door being open/closed to do certain things.

Both One-Touch and Convenience Closing only work on the driver's window with the driver's door closed.

For example, if the GMV thinks the driver's door is open, you can't lock the car, either from the key or the lock cylinder. It could be that the hall sensors that detect the latch positions (there are 3 positions) is screwed (the rattling?) or they're all out of sync with the GMV.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.