BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 745Li and the vent on the very left does not blow air.... All the others work. Anybody know what is going on?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm having a similar issue. The vent on the passenger side intermittently blows hot air and I have two turn the car off for it to reset. Has anyone experienced this problem?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes tried the climate controlled section with no luck and I can't create the problem myself. The mystery continues...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:confused:

I am right there with you. mine just won't work. I've got an old friend who works at a dealership in Mainz Germany. I'll find out what he's got to say. There must be some device in there clamping the tube off or something.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SO I received a correspondence from my buddy and there are little motors that either open or close the air path between in the "klimakiste" or climate box. Apparently one of these motors is bad and the path is in the closed position. He says the entire dash must come off and the motor replaced. He also mentioned that the main cost of this would be labor. I will see if he can get me a part number for the motor and some instructions on how to do this myself.

Let me know if this info would benefit you. I can post it here...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Since mine works but from time to time it's starts blowing hot air if it indeed is the motor unit???? Very helpful and I'm curious what the labor portion of the bill will be.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well. Here's the latest. I removed the vent and I found the problem. The wheel on the side that adjusts the output air flow up and down also connects to a flap on the inside that blocks the air from getting to the vent. The wheel is connected to a lever which is connected to a cam that the vent flap connects to.

So the connection between the wheel and the flap came apart. There's a nub that rides in a grove and it came out. When it is out you can turn the wheel, but the vent won't open, only close.

After putting the nub back into the grove and reinstalling the vent everything works fine.:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts