BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After shopping, I returned to my 2007 328i pressed the unlock button on the remote and NOTHING. The front/rear/marker lights flash but the door won't unlock. Then I noticed the front and rear passenger door unlocked and the rear driver door was locked. I entered the car using the valet key. Locked the other two doors by hand, inserted the fob, and then started the car. When the car started the vent fan speed went to max, the two temp readouts read 60 degrees (was set for 72 degrees when I parked it), the driver mirror was pointed full down, the stereo played FMA stations (was FM1 at the time of parking).
When I drove off I also noticed the auto door locking feature didn't work. When I got home I put all the settings back to where they should have been. When I try to lock the car with the remote it locks, when I try to unlock with the remote the front/rear/marker lights flash twice I hear a noise as if the door is trying to unlock but it will not. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Sounds like you have 2 separate issues.

If you used a different remote to unlock the car, that would explain why your mirrors moved, car settings changed (e.g. autolocking), climate control temp/mode changed, radio stations changed - those settings are all stored on each key fob.

As for your driver's door lock not unlocking, that's a technical problem that you should have your dealer check out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One Way Remote - the fix

Took the vehicle into the dealership for repair. Central locking system was verified INOP. Dealer found BOTH front door lock actuators bad - high current draw and blowing fuse 57 in the JBE. Replaced both actuators, cleared all computer faults. Everything is now working as it should.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts