BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just completed a year with my 328i so it was appropriate that I clean, wax and shine her up.
Attached some pictures, needless to say the love affair continues !!:)

Yes, the car was hand-washed by me, the wheels were a pain.

Attachments

·
Freedom isn't free!!
19,802 Posts
Looks great. Really like the color. Sparkling Bronze?

·
Registered
646 Posts
Beautiful!

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)

·
Registered
465 Posts
Just completed a year with my 328i so it was appropriate that I clean, wax and shine her up.
Attached some pictures, needless to say the love affair continues !!:)

Yes, the car was hand-washed by me, the wheels were a pain.
Looks great!
I'm at one year too.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Looks great!
I'm at one year too.
Thanks, when did you buy? Any issues worth mentioning?

Mine has been problem-free so far except for a cracked windshield (replaced under my car insurance policy) and a minor dent on the drivers door when someone used my car as a door stop.

One thing I have noticed recently is that my chrome trim (have the Luxury line) is coming loose from the top of the rear windows.

Can anyone confirm if this will be covered under warranty?

·
Freedom isn't free!!
19,802 Posts
Yes, and besides Texas Tech I used to live in Edgewater by the Granville Red line stop.
Looks like we have a lot in common :thumbup:
Wow! Small world. I live on Granville right next to the red line station. I'm in a newish elevator building that probably didn't exist when you lived here.

Thanks, when did you buy? Any issues worth mentioning?

Mine has been problem-free so far except for a cracked windshield (replaced under my car insurance policy) and a minor dent on the drivers door when someone used my car as a door stop.

One thing I have noticed recently is that my chrome trim (have the Luxury line) is coming loose from the top of the rear windows.

Can anyone confirm if this will be covered under warranty?
The loose chrome trim should be covered by warranty.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Indeed. I hope the parking situation has improved from the last time I was staying there in 2009. Dreadful parking in Chicago, used to have a Mazda3 back then. Great, fun small car. Was always afraid of getting crunched though, when parked.

Luckily our Bldg (on the corner of Kenmore) had reserved parking which we paid for. Wasn't a king's ransom either, though it was uncovered. Pain in the Winter months to dig the car out.

·
Freedom isn't free!!
19,802 Posts
Indeed. I hope the parking situation has improved from the last time I was staying there in 2009. Dreadful parking in Chicago, used to have a Mazda3 back then. Great, fun small car. Was always afraid of getting crunched though, when parked.

Luckily our Bldg (on the corner of Kenmore) had reserved parking which we paid for. Wasn't a king's ransom either, though it was uncovered. Pain in the Winter months to dig the car out.
I walk past that building almost daily. Parking hasn't gotten any better, but thankfully I have garage parking in my building.

Do you remember a new mid-rise being built on the northeast corner of Granville and Broadway in 2008 - 2009? That's the building I live in. Do you remember the Bananas Foster restaurant on the southeast corner of Granville and Broadway? It is an Ann Sather restaurant now.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Dude, of course I rem, I know exactly which bed you are talking about. Bananas is now Sather, huh?
That coffee shop on Kenmore is good also. Hope it's still there.
Miss the old times, but Chicago is a bad city to drive a BMW.
There is no place to really floor it and when you do, you have to brake. This together with all the clusterf... Traffic and parking gives me the Eebie jeebees.

·
Freedom isn't free!!
19,802 Posts
Dude, of course I rem, I know exactly which bed you are talking about. Bananas is now Sather, huh?
That coffee shop on Kenmore is good also. Hope it's still there.
Miss the old times, but Chicago is a bad city to drive a BMW.
There is no place to really floor it and when you do, you have to brake. This together with all the clusterf... Traffic and parking gives me the Eebie jeebees.
Yeppers, I miss wide open Texas highways. Metropolis coffee, it's still there.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts