BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm on the edge of pulling the trigger on a 2017 BMW i3 with Rex but just wanted to verify the features included with the Technology + Driver's Assistance package. Is there a link to the 2017 i3 owner's manual PDF online somewhere?

·
Achtung! Hochspannung!
2018 i3, 2020 Arcimoto FUV
1,515 Posts
I think the ordering guide posted here will help you more with the features included in the Driving/Tech Assist package than the owners manual would; it details all available possibilities in one manual, just stating "if equipped" on options.

From the guide:
Code:
[B]ZTD Technology + Driving Assistant Package[/B]
[B]5AT[/B] ACC Stop & Go + Active Driving Assistant
[B]609[/B] Navigation system([I]big screen w/ split screen ability[/I])
[B]6AK[/B] BMW Online and BMW Apps
[B]ZAC[/B] BMW Connected App Compatibility
If you have any more questions about what is included, feel free to ask. The 2017 manual is not posted on BMWUSA.com yet, but is built into the cars themselves.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
If you can find a VIN off of a website of one comparably equipped, you can download the iOS or Android app for that car, and it is (supposed to be) customized for that specific car verses being a generic version for all i3's. You download it from the app store, then when you run it, it asks for a VIN, then goes back on-line and customizes the content. Once it has done that, it does not need on-line access again unless you update the app.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think the ordering guide posted here will help you more with the features included in the Driving/Tech Assist package than the owners manual would; it details all available possibilities in one manual, just stating "if equipped" on options.

From the guide:
Code:
[B]ZTD Technology + Driving Assistant Package[/B]
[B]5AT[/B] ACC Stop & Go + Active Driving Assistant
[B]609[/B] Navigation system([I]big screen w/ split screen ability[/I])
[B]6AK[/B] BMW Online and BMW Apps
[B]ZAC[/B] BMW Connected App Compatibility
If you have any more questions about what is included, feel free to ask. The 2017 manual is not posted on BMWUSA.com yet, but is built into the cars themselves.
So I understand what ACC Stop & Go is, but I'm trying to figure out what Active Driving Assistant gives you. Googling is a bit difficult since I'm seeing stuff that's in Euro markets vs in the US, but I'm understanding that there's Forward Collision Mitigation, Pedestrian Detection, and a few other things. I'm trying to figure out what else there is, like if there's Lane Departure Warning, Lane Keeping Assist, etc.

·
Achtung! Hochspannung!
1,515 Posts
So I understand what ACC Stop & Go is, but I'm trying to figure out what Active Driving Assistant gives you. Googling is a bit difficult since I'm seeing stuff that's in Euro markets vs in the US, but I'm understanding that there's Forward Collision Mitigation, Pedestrian Detection, and a few other things. I'm trying to figure out what else there is, like if there's Lane Departure Warning, Lane Keeping Assist, etc.
Gotcha. In the i3, the only driving assistance systems included in the 5AT package are the ACC stop and go, forward collision mitigation and daytime pedestrian detection. There is no option for lane departure warning, lane change warning or lane keeping assistant in the U.S.

The i3 technical training manuals are here(not mine, just a google result), the Driver Assistance section will clear up questions in that area.

Again, feel free to ask if there are more questions :)

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
You can generally download manuals from the BMWUSA.com site. Look at the very bottom of the page under the heading of Ownership. You may need to select a prior model year to get the manual for a particular model if they haven't updated the site.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gotcha. In the i3, the only driving assistance systems included in the 5AT package are the ACC stop and go, forward collision mitigation and daytime pedestrian detection. There is no option for lane departure warning, lane change warning or lane keeping assistant in the U.S.

The i3 technical training manuals are here(not mine, just a google result), the Driver Assistance section will clear up questions in that area.

Again, feel free to ask if there are more questions :)
Hmm.. so no Traffic Jam Assist in the US? Has anyone ever successfully coded it in? I understand the liability concerns but considering Volvo (in the XC90), Audi (in the A4 and Q7), and maybe others have released it here, you would think they would have followed suit.

·
Achtung! Hochspannung!
1,515 Posts
Hmm.. so no Traffic Jam Assist in the US? Has anyone ever successfully coded it in? I understand the liability concerns but considering Volvo (in the XC90), Audi (in the A4 and Q7), and maybe others have released it here, you would think they would have followed suit.
Nope, not in the USA.

Seen a lot of people talking about doing it, but it also requires parts(steering wheel for hand sensing, harness for it, etc.) and there has been no successful retrofit to date as far as I have seen.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts