BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there everyone, i'm new to the forum as i have never posted before, my name is Darren and i wish to thank everyone on the forum for so much knowledge on my new baby

i have read hundreds of posts to try and deal with my issue of air only coming from my defroster (windscreen)

i bought my bmw 318i se 2001 thinking its the best car in the planet made by the best team of engineers that ever lived... not even a full day from purchase and i was emailing the house of commons to ask if there was any chance of dropping a nuke on the factory that allowed my car to be released to the public....

straight away my car just would not start,, yes you guessed it CLICK CLICK CLICK.. so i searched for a bmw forum and you guys told me the answer on the first page, DEAD BATTERY,, so jump leads and yee-haaa we are back in business,, next day dead again but i remembered hearing a fan noise after taking the key out

ofcourse as soon as i searched it you guys all said the HEDGEHOG,, so after checking my garden for hedgehogs to no avail ,, i followed your directions and found the tiny PYGMY hedgehog under the dash,, so i took it for a walk along the canal for about a mile,,, then launched it as hard as i could INTO the canal,, i hate hedgehogs now

ANYWAY BACK TO THE IMPORTANT STUFF

i replaced the hedgehog obviously breaking a few bits of plastic here and there but nothing to worry about,, and got everything back together ,, and very proud of my first DIY car fix and money saving task, as i am as cheap as they come

turned my fans on and WOOOO HOOOOO i hear air, jumping for joy i then tell my partner its fixed

she soon says ,,, YEAH BUT ITS ONLY BLOWING FROM THE DEFROSTER AT THE FRONT

i must say my world came crashing down with a bang,, so i researched and was told.... MY HVAC WAS BROKEN SOMEHOW, MY BLOWER MOTOR WAS DEFECTIVE.. ACTUATORS WAS JAMMED, AND MY A/C WAS NEEDING REFILLED.. OR POSSIBLY A FAULTY HEDGEHOG FROM THE SUPPLIER ( CHEAP EURO CAR PARTS ONE,, NOT HELLA EVEN THOUGH THE HELLA WAS THE DEARER)

BUT THEN I REMEMBERED,, THE STEPPER MOTOR WAS TOUGH TO GET OUT AND I WAS PLAYING WITH THE LITTLE KNOB (no not my one) ON THE STEPPER MOTOR

SO I POPPED IT BACK OUT AND REALISED THAT IT WAS NOT INSTALLED PERFECTLY,, SO AFTER A LOT OF TWISTING THE KNOB,,, EVENTUALLY IT SEATED BACK INTO THE STEPPER MOTOR HOUSING PERFECTLY, AND YEEE HAAA FULL AIR SYSTEM WAS BACK IN 100% WORKING ORDER WITH ALL OF THE FANS BLOWING PERFECTLY

MORAL OF THE STORY,,, JUST BECAUSE A KNOB IS TINY, IT STILL IS NO REASON TO PLAY WITH IT.. LOL

IF THIS HELPS ANYONE AT ALL PLEASE LET ME KNOW,, AS THIS HAD ME REASEARCHING FOR 60+ HOURS WITH NO SLEEP AND LOTS OF SWEAR WORDS

SORRY FOR WRITING A MASSIVE NOVEL,, AND ONCE AGAIN THANKS TO EVERY SINGLE MEMBER OF THIS FORUM. YOU ALL HELPED AS I READ NEARLY EVERY RELATED POST

MAKE SURE YOUR STEPPER MOTOR GOES BACK ON PERFECTLY, AND DONT PLAY WITH IT WHEN ITS OFF

THANKS DARREN

1 - 1 of 1 Posts