BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey!
On my X3 -12 it will only cold air on the passenger side when you have turned on the AC, someone who had the same problem?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If the AC is turned on there would be COLD air only. This is not a problem.
Hehe.....
Yes but it would be cold air on both drivers and passengers side, now it's hot on drivers side and cold on passengers side.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Checklist. . .

1) Is the SYNC button turned on in the dash?
2) Do you have a lower temperature set for both Driver and Passenger?
3) Is there a physical obstruction in the vent on the Passenger side?
4) Do you hear a physical obstruction in the vent on the Passenger side?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
refiled on the ac system yesterday and now the wind is the same on both sides, but not ice cold as it should be? what could it be then?

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
refiled on the ac system yesterday and now the wind is the same on both sides, but not ice cold as it should be? what could it be then?
refilled you mean?
it's easy to overfill these systems. they have to be filled based on the amount of refrigerant and not on pressure

·
Registered
11 Posts
It sounds like it is working ok now, but... Also check how you have set the driver's temperature thumbwheel in the middle of the center vent. I should be toward blue for cold air on the driver.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Could have been overfilled. Try to read pressures on low and high sides with a gauge if possible. You can even read the pressure on just the high side with a cable and INPA software, which should give you a fair idea of the desired pressure and the actual.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
do not believe it is over filled then they should know what they are doing, it is filled with 994g and i noticed even today that electric fan to the capacitor go all the time when the AC is running

·
Registered
272 Posts
Too much Freon is not the problem, it sounds like one of the dampers is not working correctly or the thumbwheels are not set right

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
do not believe it is over filled then they should know what they are doing, it is filled with 994g and i noticed even today that electric fan to the capacitor go all the time when the AC is running
They should but they don't know much about BMW. The evaporator inlet/outlet in BMWs are arranged in a way that in case of a refrigerant leak the passenger side will blow warm air first and when pressure drops further, the driver side gives up blowing cold air too.

So your initial problem wasn't a refrigerant leak, rather a controller issue.

And then you took it to the shop and comes back with no cold air at all. I'm certain they overfilled the system. The proper way to add refrigerant is to drain the system, capture the refrigerant and refill the correct amount (by weight) of refrigerant.
E39 owners have experienced this a lot so search there for examples.
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8310064&postcount=9

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
read fault codes on the car and get up: 80118B overpressure in the coolant Circuit, I'll go back to them tomorrow so they can do it again

1 - 15 of 15 Posts