Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, have an 06 X3.

First the key fobs worked intermittently, then not at all, then the central locking button stopped working... Now the only way to lock or unlock the car is turning the key in the drivers door. Waiting on that to stop working.

no fuses blown. What would cause this?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
P.S. I changed the batteries in the key fobs and tried the reprogramming process. Its deeper than that. I have an idea what it might be, but don't want to steer things here if I am wrong. Hoping maybe someone has had something similar and was able to fix it.

Thanks in advance.

·
Anti-Hack
4,908 Posts
Your car's battery is low on voltage. Load test it to be sure, then replace it. Your deep freeze zapped what little life was left in your battery, coupled with your decayed ground straps.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pretty sure the battery is fine. Starts up like it is the middle of summer and running 0W-40... I can check voltage, but I***8217;ve never had a bad battery start or run a car this well.

this problem has been ongoing for over a year. Started with the key fobs working intermittently about 2 years ago, then they stopped altogether and then this past fall the central locking button in the car died also except for the drivers door key.

I just posted now because I***8217;m ready to fix it. Not likely related to recent weather.

I can look at the ground straps if that is a likely or common cause though?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts