BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Investigative Tinkerer
5,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that the differential mount has been upgraded and the oil cooler added, the only thing left to do is tack a weld on the oil pump sprocket to pump nut...

·
Certified Organic Fanatic
2,544 Posts
Randy Forbes said:
Now that the differential mount has been upgraded and the oil cooler added, the only thing left to do is tack a weld on the oil pump sprocket to pump nut...

That exhaust is so much better looking then the Dinan... I hate the 2 pipe turned down conversion... the quad look is it!!!! Does the good Dr. have any more pics of that beautiful M coupe? :thumbup:

·
The Anti-Rice
5,394 Posts
Good grief Randy,

Is there anything you dont do to cars?

·
Investigative Tinkerer
5,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SpeedFreak! said:
That exhaust is so much better looking then the Dinan... I hate the 2 pipe turned down conversion... the quad look is it!!!! Does the good Dr. have any more pics of that beautiful M coupe? :thumbup:
There's about two hundred (200) pictures of that car here: www.rfdm.com/gallery/album25

I agree with you about the exhaust.

·
Investigative Tinkerer
5,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mpire said:
Good grief Randy,

Is there anything you dont do to cars?
:dunno:

·
The Anti-Rice
5,394 Posts
Its like monster garage over there.

Awesome. You gotta install a webcam now so we can watch.

·
Inquiring mind
879 Posts
Mpire said:
Its like monster garage over there.

Awesome. You gotta install a webcam now so we can watch.
Great idea !! a 24hr Randy cam..
Watch as the master works his magic reconditioning the rear ends of 2 seater Bimmers
and then grabs them by their 2 ear diffs for a low flow exhaust job....
:thumbup:

·
Certified Organic Fanatic
2,544 Posts
Randy Forbes said:
There's about two hundred (200) pictures of that car here: www.rfdm.com/gallery/album25

I agree with you about the exhaust.
Holy Race Car... Batman.. THANKS! :thumbup:

A little OT... Is there a reason why we don't see people getting rid of the clutch fan and replace it with better electric fans? Just curious... back in my 240z racing days, that was one of the first things we would do. :dunno:

·
Investigative Tinkerer
5,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
CarlM said:
Great idea !! a 24hr Randy cam..
Watch as the master works his magic reconditioning the rear ends of 2 seater Bimmers
and then grabs them by their 2 ear diffs for a low flow exhaust job....
:thumbup:
Sue likes that idea; she says then she'd get to see me too!

·
Investigative Tinkerer
5,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Investigative Tinkerer
5,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SpeedFreak! said:
Holy Race Car... Batman.. THANKS! :thumbup:

A little OT... Is there a reason why we don't see people getting rid of the clutch fan and replace it with better electric fans? Just curious... back in my 240z racing days, that was one of the first things we would do. :dunno:
I don't know, as I haven't tried it personally. I gues the too few horsepower the fan fan frees up isn't worth the risk of the engine overheating.

Several here have done the fan delete, and a few have reverted back to the engine-driven fan

·
Registered
95 Posts
I havent been catching up with this forum, or bimmerforums. Why do you work on soo many m coupes? What exactly do you do? And what are the prices to do these things?

I think you need to stop working on those m coupes and work on my mroadster ;)

·
Registered
288 Posts
Randy Forbes said:
I remember something about this at one time, about the nut coming loose?
Now is this something I should be concerned about with my 00 coupe?

·
Investigative Tinkerer
5,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
MikeHsu said:
I havent been catching up with this forum, or bimmerforums. Why do you work on soo many m coupes? What exactly do you do? And what are the prices to do these things?

I think you need to stop working on those m coupes and work on my mroadster ;)
I'd be glad to add your name to the list :)

·
Investigative Tinkerer
5,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thrlls said:
I remember something about this at one time, about the nut coming loose?
Now is this something I should be concerned about with my 00 coupe?
I think it has more to do with people that "track" their cars. At sustained high rpm, the (lefthand thread) nut has been known to back itself off.

·
Living on the redline
27,240 Posts
it's happened to autox cars too :eek:

·
Investigative Tinkerer
5,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
TeamM3 said:
it's happened to autox cars too :eek:
Hmmm, they must've been pretty fast...

... for awhile :mad:

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
Randy Forbes said:
Hmmm, they must've been pretty fast...

... for awhile :mad:
LOL.

I guess it depends on the course. I briefly hit the rev limiter a few times in 2nd gear on the course at MIS last month. You'd have been hitting it every time with your 3.73 diff (not to mention your better driving :)). For some reason some of the schools seem to run faster sections than what we normally see on SCCA courses around here. The M Driving School autocross course at the Michelin facility had a back straight that needed 3rd gear in the E46 M3. I don't know if they set the course up the same way for every school, but that's how it was set up when I was there. I was thinking it was a good way to make people want to buy the SMG cars since the fastest way through the following section wanted 1st gear. :)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts