BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay . . . this is going to sound a little crazy but I need a new climate control panel for my 2001 530i.
Actually, all I really need is the tiny piece of plastic that one pushes to control the speed of the air conditioning motor.

Please, bear with me while I explain.

My wife bought a Dyson vacuum cleaner and since it's light and portable, she decided to vacuum the car. The Dyson is so powerful it sucked the control strip off the front of the panel and there is no way to retrieve it from the cursed machine and there is now way to shut off the air conditioning as it is stuck in MAX.

Very annoying.

I can buy an aftermarket climate control panel on Amazon but I'd rather have a used OEM unit, mainly because aftermarket stuff never seems to work right.

Is there anyone out there that might has a used or new climate control panel that fit my '01 530?

Much appreciated.

PS - I can't get mad at my wife. She already feels terrible.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lost Button

That's a really good question. The best answer I can come up with is . . . I looked and hunted, and looked some more. I looked in the car, I looked in the garage, my wife helped me look.

The Dyson is a V6 - small but so powerful it is astonishing. It works on some kind of wind tunnel technology. As I understand it those small ports that form the wind tunnel and dump into the dust bin are sealed. It is highly likely that the thin plastic button is stuck in one of those ports.

I sorted the dust, I removed the filter and searched inside the Dyson with an extremely strong flashlight. I found nada, zip, zippity, zilch.

My time is worth something so I went hunting for a new control panel not knowing that the button was available in E-bay. Thanks to Bimmerfest for $12.78 - It'll be delivered on Saturday.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
That's a really good question. The best answer I can come up with is . . . I looked and hunted, and looked some more. I looked in the car, I looked in the garage, my wife helped me look.

The Dyson is a V6 - small but so powerful it is astonishing. It works on some kind of wind tunnel technology. As I understand it those small ports that form the wind tunnel and dump into the dust bin are sealed. It is highly likely that the thin plastic button is stuck in one of those ports.

I sorted the dust, I removed the filter and searched inside the Dyson with an extremely strong flashlight. I found nada, zip, zippity, zilch.

My time is worth something so I went hunting for a new control panel not knowing that the button was available in E-bay. Thanks to Bimmerfest for $12.78 - It'll be delivered on Saturday.
That really sucks! :)

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts