• Option 4

Votes: 4 19.0%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Opinions on wheel choices

Hey all, i ordered a set of wheels a few months ago and they were discontinued :mad:

so i started my search again and am down to a few different choices, just looking for a little input from everyone.

car = 1998 540i
wheels = 18" black w/ falken tires

Option 1:

Option 2:

Option 3:

Option 4:

·
Registered
5,274 Posts
I like option 2. They are similar to my Hamann's. I have always liked the 5 spoke design. I'm not a real fan of all the "busy" wheels with rivets and parallel spokes, etc.

·
Coole Russen
1,304 Posts
I think that number one is the best here. But I think none of them are great...
btw I was figuring out what's your thread title means - "Opinions are wheel choices". So wheel choices are opinions? Lol

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I think that number one is the best here. But I think none of them are great...
btw I was figuring out what's your thread title means - "Opinions are wheel choices". So wheel choices are opinions? Lol
i'm looking for something simple...and as for the title - i don't know:dunno: on = are...me = distracted. i'm not sure

how can i change the title?

·
Coole Russen
1,304 Posts
i'm looking for something simple...and as for the title - i don't know:dunno: on = are...me = distracted. i'm not sure

how can i change the title?
Its ok man. Don't take it too seriouse about title, it was a joke. We all make mistakes sometimes. Btw what do you think about BBS wheels?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Maybe maybe if the car was black.... #3 but preference is a BMW wheel. Boring? Perhaps but oh so fitting.

Style 19 is always fitting on the early e39's or a 18" style 5. Not that you ask so I'll go back to my corner now...

Attachments

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i'm trying to keep it around $1500 for the set. BBS are kinda expensive arne't they?

·
Registered
311 Posts
not feeling any of them man....but if I had to choose one....it would be the Ruff Racing....

good luck on your quest...to me the funnest part of having new wheels is the hunt.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Maybe maybe if the car was black.... #3 but preference is a BMW wheel. Boring? Perhaps but oh so fitting.

Style 19 is always fitting on the early e39's or a 18" style 5. Not that you ask so I'll go back to my corner now...
My bimmer is black. and I actually have those wheels on it now:bigpimp: but they were a bit worn when i got them and one has a nasty dent. plus i really want black rims to match the rest of the car

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Sorry, none of the above.

·
I Am The Machine
20,931 Posts
Don't care for any of them. Sorry.

·
Thebizzy.com
6,429 Posts
Black wheels look like crap on any color car. Sorry man. But if you had a gun to my head, #2 would be my choice. Assuming you have some decent looking rotors.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Black wheels look like crap on any color car. Sorry man. But if you had a gun to my head, #2 would be my choice. Assuming you have some decent looking rotors.
Like Mack says, I dont really like black but if I had no other options, I would go with option 1. Have you looked into getting some M wheels? I love how look, mixture of elegance and simplicity. But no matter what, you should like the wheels, you're the one thats gonna have to live with them.

·
Official Wheelman
1,329 Posts
It would be #1 for me. With #2 coming in a close second. If #3 had a polished lip it would be the winner.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts