BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Opinions on '03 325i 78k

664 6
Good evening!

I am new here, been reading around for a few days now, and decided to sign up and ask my questions. I have been talking to the owner about purchasing this vehicle, was hoping for some opinions on whether it is a solid deal, what to ask about when I check it out with my Mechanic.

The link is here -> http://fortwayne.craigslist.org/cto/3142130886.html

It is hard not to get ahead of myself, I had to sell my baby, my first vehicle, an '03 F-150 because of a Job change. I need something with 4 doors and this fit into my budget, I WANT it to work out, but and trying my best to not let that cloud my judgement!

Thanks guys
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
That thing has the worst aftermarket headlights I have ever seen. What was damaged that caused it to be salvaged? That car isn't worth $6200 with a salvage title. Also, you will be happier with a 330 and a manual trans.

What has been done to the car maintenance wise? Remember, a BMW becomes expensive to own after 100k miles. Even for a full time DIY'er like me who works on other peoples cars too, I have spent $2400 in PARTS since December keeping my car up to par and it still needs another $1500 or more.
Front bumber, Front quarter panel, whatever the accident was it didnt blow the bags. Frame damage was my main concern, but he has been driving it for 3 years since the fix. What would be a fair price to offer? I understand the costs associated with owning a BMW. Question is, can I find a 330 in my budget? Which is right around 6k
Any car with a salvage/rebuilt title carries a serious liability with it...not only is resale value greatly diminished, but, as a general rule, insurance companies don`t care much for them either, which might affect it`s insurability. Do some research *before* you sign any agreements. Personally, I would keep looking, you can do better with a $6000 budget.
Good luck !
What is the best avenue to search? So far I have been doing craigslist in my area (northern Indiana) as well as Chicago and a few other local cities, as far as insurance, already had it quoted and they said rebuilt titles wouldnt be an issue
But if you ever have a wreck and it gets totaled you will get screwed. You'll get a check for $1000 if you are lucky.

Lots of 325's can be had without a salvage title for $6500.

Autotrader.com, here is an example of a better deal IMO.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?zip=35126&endYear=2005&modelCode1=325I&modelCode2=330I&makeCode2=BMW&showcaseOwnerId=614602&startYear=2001&makeCode1=BMW&firstRecord=76&searchRadius=500&maxPrice=7000&listingId=327503255&Log=0
as far as insurance, already had it quoted and they said rebuilt titles wouldnt be an issue
I avoid Craigslist like the plague....it`s saturated largely by scam artists and jerkoffs who don`t have a clue about whatever it is they`re selling.

Try the Classifieds Forum here on the `fest, over at E46Fanatics, Bimmerforums, etc.
What is the best avenue to search? So far I have been doing craigslist in my area (northern Indiana) as well as Chicago and a few other local cities, as far as insurance, already had it quoted and they said rebuilt titles wouldnt be an issue
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.