BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Here is the deal i was offered. Went in for a ED 430i Xdrive....
Dealer: Bloomfield NJ
ED MSRP: 56,770
Invoice: 52,713
Negotated Price : 54,513 ( Invoice + 1500 dealer Profit + 300 fees)
Options(included in above): Driver Assistance, Premium Package, Harman surround, Side and top view cameras, Cold weather
Term: 10K miles
Down : 4K for upfront takes, dealer fees, doc fees, first month and 2K for cap deduction Total Down of 6K
residual : 57%
Payment : 705 or 750 for same build for the 440i due to some of my build coming standard

I am planning on visiting a couple of more dealers..i think the dealer profit can be brought down more. What do you lease experts think?

Thanks

·
Registered
984 Posts
I think you can probably do quite a bit better from a sponsor.

The invoice looks a little high. The markup is substantial too.

Do you know what money factor they are using?

Why not try a sponsor here?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think you can probably do quite a bit better from a sponsor.

The invoice looks a little high. The markup is substantial too.

Do you know what money factor they are using?

Why not try a sponsor here?
Sorry, I'm new to BMW leases and forums. What do you mean by trying a sponsor? I've seen some forums about that but not sure what it means.. For the money factor, I believe I got the base money factor but i will find out.

·
Registered
984 Posts
There are a few client advisor sponsors here and they offer great deals to members.

Their benefit is that they can do these deals quickly and easily because members are usually knowledgeable. They can also do a few so although we don't generate a lot of profit for them, they can get some volume (otherwise I don't know why they hook us up)

Look at ask-a-dealer forum.

I have done a few deals with Adrian Avila, and others will recommend Greg Poland as well. There are a few more, you may ask in that forum.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There are a few client advisor sponsors here and they offer great deals to members.

Their benefit is that they can do these deals quickly and easily because members are usually knowledgeable. They can also do a few so although we don't generate a lot of profit for them, they can get some volume (otherwise I don't know why they hook us up)

Look at ask-a-dealer forum.

I have done a few deals with Adrian Avila, and others will recommend Greg Poland as well. There are a few more, you may ask in that forum.
Awesome, thanks!

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I agree...for 54k and putting 6k down...I'd think lease around 550 a month. Msrp on my F30 328 was 41500 and I put 3k down with 20k miles a year and pay 399 a month. I went to JMK bmw or now bmw of Springfield.

·
Flying monkey herder
8,166 Posts
try ricki shamen @ bmw of tenafly
tenafly also has one of the lower doc fees for NJ dealers.

i've found her to be very competitive in the tristate, also specializes in ED.
all of my cars in the past 10 years have been through her.
see below:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=883282

also, 2017s are going to lease very poorly untill the 2016s are cleared from the channel and bmwfs shifts support from the 2016s. i would wait till sept/october if you want a 2017. right now the residual difference is almost 10%

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
try ricki shamen @ bmw of tenafly
tenafly also has one of the lower doc fees for NJ dealers.

i've found her to be very competitive in the tristate, also specializes in ED.
all of my cars in the past 10 years have been through her.
see below:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=883282

also, 2017s are going to lease very poorly untill the 2016s are cleared from the channel and bmwfs shifts support from the 2016s. i would wait till sept/october if you want a 2017. right now the residual difference is almost 10%
Thanks, I will be going to Tenafly this weekend....yeah i was quoted 57% residual for 17 and around 66% for 2016...But since i can't customized 16 have to go with 17.

·
Flying monkey herder
8,166 Posts
Thanks, I will be going to Tenafly this weekend....yeah i was quoted 57% residual for 17 and around 66% for 2016...But since i can't customized 16 have to go with 17.
i would wait a few months for the sales support to shift. it may save you over 150 a month ( havent done the math, but another 9% on a US MSRP for ~60K is about 5800 or so more depreciation over 3 years)

if you are going to tenafly, i strongly recommend emailing or calling ricki before you go, just to lay the groundwork

1 - 12 of 12 Posts