Bimmerfest BMW banner

Use this as a poster in my show?

• Yes, Go with it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but you need to work on those Pshop Skills

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • No, don't like it

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Take some Pshop classes dude, you suck!

Votes: 2 33.3%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
In Mod Heaven
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I wanted to put a poster together for the show this weekend. I don't have any pshop skills but I took a crack at this. The purpose of this is to display information about my car at the event. Let me know if you guys like it.

I took dredmo's sig that he created and included it. It will help people from the forums know who I am.

I am also going to goto Kinkos to have something professionally done.

·
Double Bimmers
1,176 Posts
Is that the only option we have to pick from? Can you post your other ideas.

·
5,820 Posts
Since it's already a bit cluttered with the image in the backround, I'd make the type not skewed and easier to read. Also, I'd lose the sig, anybody on this board has *GOT* to recognize your car and installation.

20,210 Posts
I like it, but the skewed text is a little hard to read. I like how it follows the curvature of the trunk. But, the lines of text are too long and you can't read what's on the ends.

Just hit "return" to shorten up each line and end up with more lines, if you know what I mean.

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
Sorry Ack, I had to vote for the PShop classes...

Actually, I don't think it's PShop classes you need. You need basics of DESIGN. Why don't you email me some pictures and content you want to put into a poster/flyer, and I'll spend an hour or two tonight to come up with something tasteful?

·
In Mod Heaven
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The HACK said:
Sorry Ack, I had to vote for the PShop classes...

Actually, I don't think it's PShop classes you need. You need basics of DESIGN. Why don't you email me some pictures and content you want to put into a poster/flyer, and I'll spend an hour or two tonight to come up with something tasteful?
Thanks Hack! I'll send you the Pshop file and some other pictures. I just need to have all of the mods listed in the poster. I'll e-mail you soon. :thumbup:

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
Maybe its not like this on the East Coast but all the show posters out here are very dark and have AZN Ho's pasted all over em. :rolleyes:

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
Kaz said:
Maybe its not like this on the East Coast but all the show posters out here are very dark and have AZN Ho's pasted all over em. :rolleyes:
GOOD IDEA Kaz! I'll have to dig up some AZN Ho's and include it in my design.

Ack: Don't worry about when you get me the files...I can't work on it until later tonight anyways.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Ack ... where you show "carbon fibre trim pieces"

it might be better to just say " carbon fibre trim"

I think the word "pieces" makes it sound kinda cheesy, or incomplete

just my .02:)

·
In Mod Heaven
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
The HACK said:

GOOD IDEA Kaz! I'll have to dig up some AZN Ho's and include it in my design.

Ack: Don't worry about when you get me the files...I can't work on it until later tonight anyways.
Sounds good. I sent you an e-mail. I just need your actual address so I can send you these files. PM me with details.

Thanks!! :D

Edit: Doug, I took your advise and took off "pieces". I have reattached the image (#3) above.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts