BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

This is our first post in this newly found website. Here is our statement:

"We are here in San Antonio. TX, beginning the process of developing land for an international raceway with multiple sponsors. We have just came to the conclusion that San Antonio would be the city to place this is. Due to the hills and rock formations north west of the city (I10W past Bandera) this seems to be the ideal location for a world class road racing curcuit."

Our goal:
"to provide San Antonio [7th largest city in the country] and Southern Texas a few hundred new jobs and an attraction that the incredibley laid-back atmosphere of San Antonio deserves. We aim to caitor to SCCA regulations, yet offer a public track that can be shared by all licensed and operational road going sports cars and their enthusiastic drivers."

Something no one else has:
"This new curcuit will not only contain a simple road racing curcuit, but a very large and complex stringed course rivaling the best of Europe and the West Coast. Further, the course is being planned to contain within its perimerter, a fully operational 1/4 mile drag strip, a very large drift arena [empty parking lot fully lit], and a nice array of differing difficulty offroading area's."

We are here at www.i-club.com to survey the general Texas population on what they would like to see come of this proposed track? Any suggestions or idea's containing this curcuit? And what the population itself tings of the entire project?
We urge members to ask their family members and siblings inside and outside of the car enthusiast community; to find the true opinion Texans have about bringing a new market, new jobs, and new people from around the world to San Antonio.

Thank you all and God Bless.

·
Retired Official Welcomer
2018 M4 Competition Package•2019 540i MSport
8,363 Posts
Welcome aboard. :hi: You have been officially welcomed to The 'Fest. :thumbup:

·
Dragon Master of TEXAS!
876 Posts
Welcome to the 'FEST!

As a resident of San Antonio, I can say I would welcome a world class race facility.
Areas of concern of course is safety, type of events (pro & am), type of cars (factory & specialized), cost to use, and overall size. Remember that S.A. has a drag strip (North of S.A. on IH-10), it's the old River City Raceway, now called the San Antonio Raceway (its a drag strip).
I would hope that some SCCA events, autocrosses, BMWCCA events, PCA events, classic events, etc. would be hosted there too. Hate to see a great facility not to be utilized.

Your message should be posted on the Motorsports thread for Bimmerfest:
Motorsports thread for Bimmerfest

Couple things to note:
1) Bandera is not on IH-10 West, it's on Route 16 West. So do they mean Boerne?
So where are they really thinking of installing this facility, there are quite a few high priced homes in this area and I doubt that the backers of the racing facility could buy them out.

2) The last comments I heard about this race facility; that it was to be located on the East side of the city, near the AT&T (old SBC) Center, this is where the Spurs play. When was it announced that the proposed site changed?

3) I have not checked yet, but did you post this on other BMW messageboards (ie. Bimmerforums, Roadfly, DTMPower, etc.)? Or other SCCA messageboards or car club messageboards?

I hope this comes to light, I would love to help out and be a corner man!:thumbup:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I made a small mistake. Not sure about town placement yet. We scouted property today out I10W between San Antonio and Kerrville. Seems the further we went out the more the land suited our needs and wants.

If anyone has any land contacts along I10, we would greatly appreciate the saving of time contacting land owners.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.