BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been wanting to sell my winter wheel/tire setup, and I've had a few offers. One guy in particular is very interested, but says my price is too high.

The setup is: 16x7 steels with 205/55/16 Dunlop Winter Sport M2's. Used approx 4-5000 miles. Got a nail in one tire, but it has been repaired (both plug and interior patch). No out of round tires, and all the wheels are true, and perfectly balanced. No bends of any kind. I'm also including 4 BMW 16" hubcaps, in perfect condition - no scrapes or cracks of any kind.

What do you feel is a fair and reasonable asking price?

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
At Tire Rack a brand new winter setup is ~ $1200, so anything < $600 would be a steal. $800-900 :dunno:

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
geomax said:

The wheels are steel...I think I paid about $650 total for the wheels and tires. The hubcaps I got from the dealer.
New steel rims ~ $200 + tires at ~ $600. So my new guesstimate is $300 - $350. Problem is when people see used they want it for nothin. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
191 Posts
I have the exact same setup - 16x7 steel wheels with 205/55R16 Dunlop Winter Sport M2's that I bought for about $650 from Tirerack. I'd say they're worth about $350 now. Tires really don't hold value well at all. A year from now, they'll probably fetch $200. This size doesn't seem to be very common too, I was looking to get a 2nd vehicle and I wanted to get one with similar wheel/tire sizes with my Bimmer so that I could swap them around. Not much out there, the only new non-BMW vehicle that had this size was a Toyota Matrix.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.