BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a couple of questions about current options:

1- when I select the two axle air suspension on the configurator it automatically selects the third row seats. Is it possible to have the air suspension without the third row?

2- will an Alcantara headliner be available in the future?

Thanks for the help.

·
BMW-addicted
1,335 Posts
1 - The online configurator is actually outdated. In order to get the air-suspension, you can either go with (ZHC) Comfort Handling Package which gets your air suspension and integral steering or you can go with 2VR alone which either requires M-Package or convenience Package. No need for 3rd row.

2 - The updated PG for MY19 removed this option but I wouldn't be surprised if it comes back later - perhaps on MY20.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1 - The online configurator is actually outdated. In order to get the air-suspension, you can either go with (ZHC) Comfort Handling Package which gets your air suspension and integral steering or you can go with 2VR alone which either requires M-Package or convenience Package. No need for 3rd row.

2 - The updated PG for MY19 removed this option but I wouldn't be surprised if it comes back later - perhaps on MY20.
My man! Thanks for the quick reply. I’m guessing the model year will switch over around July/August? Does that sound about right?

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Often, there are some 'special' options you can select when ordering a car to be built. To determine that, you need to talk directly to a sales advisor. There seems to be some flexibility when ordering a vehicle to be built versus configuring a 'normal' one, or at least there used to be when I ordered my last one. For stock purposes, BMW limits some of the options to packages, but that's not always the case if the customer is willing to wait for it to be built.

FWIW, if you can spare the time, it's a really nice trip to pick the vehicle up at the factory. They'll pay for a hotel and meals for two, give you a tour of the factory, and give you some off-road experiences with one of their fleet vehicles so you don't have to get yours dirty. No additional charge, but then you do have to get there and drive it home.

When I bought my GT, I picked it up in Germany, and then instead of having them deliver it to the dealer, I picked it up in SC. When you are dealing with a car, instead of the off-road portion, you get some track time, which is neat, as well.

If I buy a new one, I'd do the same thing. You'll probably get a better new vehicle introduction there than at your dealership as well.

·
BMW-addicted
1,335 Posts
My man! Thanks for the quick reply. I’m guessing the model year will switch over around July/August? Does that sound about right?
You're very welcome and yes, that sounds about right to me. At least that's exactly what applied to MY19.

I'm waiting for MY20 as well. First, my current Audi Q7 lease expires 02/2020 and hopefully by then, we are getting all the bells and whistles (Alcantara headliner, perhaps full leather, display key, full activation of LED-lights with cornering lights, sky-sunroof LEDs, power second row without 3rd row and last but not least, the plug-in hybrid version).:thumbup:

·
Registered
517 Posts
That is not correct for all builds. You can order the just the air suspension as an option by itself. I did it with my December build and it still gives the option to do so now. This is only available though for the xLine, for the M Sport it changes to air and seats.

Attachments

·
BMW-addicted
1,335 Posts
That is not correct for all builds. You can order the just the air suspension as an option by itself. I did it with my December build and it still gives the option to do so
No, unfortunately, it does not.

It clearly reads that if you want 2VR and NOT 4UB, you either need to order ZCV or ZMP. Did you order the Convenience Package (ZCV) on yours, TheTurtleBoy?

I assume you did. If you pick the xLine on the online-configurator and continue without adding a tier, selecting 2-axle air suspension in options won't work unless you approve the prompt to "Update to the Convenience Tier" which is nothing else than ZCV - the required package I mentioned in my initial post.

·
Registered
517 Posts
No, unfortunately, it does not.

It clearly reads that if you want 2VR and NOT 4UB, you either need to order ZCV or ZMP. Did you order the Convenience Package (ZCV) on yours, TheTurtleBoy?

I assume you did. If you pick the xLine on the online-configurator and continue without adding a tier, selecting 2-axle air suspension in options won't work unless you approve the prompt to "Update to the Convenience Tier" which is nothing else than ZCV - the required package I mentioned in my initial post.
Never mind, misread this.

·
BMW-addicted
1,335 Posts

·
BMW-addicted
1,335 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts