BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Lurking around since 2005
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, im wondering if anyone wants to form a Orange County BMW Club? Basically, it'd be like maybe get togethar one night a month maybe grab some food and then go alogn a drive somewhere in Orange County, i know on BMWboard.com someone had posted somethign in orange county like a german car night where they would meet in Tustin, grab some food at In N Out and go out for a drive up towards Newport then back down the coast hit the 5 and head back norht was the iterinerary. Just wondering if anyone would be up for this, maybe start a OC BMW Club? I know there is a BMW CCA Chapter in LA but i really would like to see more unity in the OC BMW owners? anyone up for this, please post ideas and such? Thanks

-theBMWenthusiast

·
Lurking around since 2005
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SergioK said:
I doubt the LA chapter of the CCA would like OC to break ranks.
well i dont want to break apart, sorry if i gave that impression. i didnt' mean like a actual club thing like BMW CCA, im totally cool with being part of hte LA chapter, i am part of it. im just talkign about like a group gathering maybe once a month for some food and a drive. The "OC BMW Club" was not meant to be part of BMW CCA, its just a group of people who live in OC who get togehtar once a month for food and a drive. sorry for any confusion...is it clear enough? any more questions?

·
Hofmeister kink ftw!1!!1!
1,482 Posts
If you do it through the LA CCA chapter, you might have the best chance of succeeding. By going through the chapter, it could advantage you by getting exposure to all of the chapter members, and it could advantage the chapter by potentially bringing in new members. Write to the chapter president, and you might find that they are interested in having peopld organize events in OC. There are several IAIBMWSP member shops in Orange County, and one of them might want to host a tech session.

My son has my E36 in Costa Mesa / Santa Ana these days and is a CCA member, but is a student without a lot of free time

·
M Mad
10,476 Posts
BTW I am in Anaheim this week for a conference. Any local Festers want to meet, maybe Thursday evening? Nothing fancy, just put some faces to names.

·
an audience of One
7,853 Posts
BMWenthusiast said:
it'd be like maybe get togethar one night a month maybe grab some food and then go alogn a drive somewhere in Orange County
I think a casual gathering would be cool. Maybe we can pick a different road to drive each month - I know there are some nice ones in south county.

Pinecone said:
BTW I am in Anaheim this week for a conference. Any local Festers want to meet, maybe Thursday evening?
This is just a suggestion, there's a good Mexican food place about five minutes from the Convention center: Los Sanchez on the corner of Harbor and Chapman. It's a kind of a dive, but the food is good and there's a patio that'll be perfect for the weather we're having.

Los Sanchez
(714) 971-5883
12151 Harbor Blvd
Garden Grove, CA

-Mark

·
M Mad
10,476 Posts
Sounds like a plan. Anybody else?

·
Registered
7,781 Posts
markseven said:
This is just a suggestion, there's a good Mexican food place about five minutes from the Convention center: Los Sanchez on the corner of Harbor and Chapman. It's a kind of a dive, but the food is good and there's a patio that'll be perfect for the weather we're having.

-Mark
[/size]
What's wrong with Woody's? They have a big patio too and since you didn't go there for your wife's party, you kinda owe it to philippek to give it a shot, don't ya think? ;)

·
an audience of One
7,853 Posts
1Dreamer said:
What's wrong with Woody's? They have a big patio too and since you didn't go there for your wife's party, you kinda owe it to philippek to give it a shot, don't ya think? ;)
Aw, come on, are you gonna make Pinecone drive that far in unfamiliar surroundings?

You just don't wanna drive up to Anaheim, huh? :p :)

-Mark

·
Registered
5,668 Posts
1Dreamer said:
Hmmm...:confused:Must...decipher...subtext...

·
Registered
7,781 Posts
philippek said:
Hmmm...:confused:Must...decipher...subtext...
:wave: Mark updated on where he went to dinner for his wife's surprise celebration and when I saw you suggested Woody's, I pointed out a minor detail about the average clientele there. I thought it might be something to consider just in case his wife's closest friends happened to be her Bible study group from the local Baptist church. :D

·
Registered
7,781 Posts
Bart001 said:
If you do it through the LA CCA chapter, you might have the best chance of succeeding. By going through the chapter, it could advantage you by getting exposure to all of the chapter members, and it could advantage the chapter by potentially bringing in new members.
It could even be called "The Los Angeles BMW Club of Anaheim" following the Angels' lead. :D

·
Registered
5,668 Posts
1Dreamer said:
when I saw you suggested Woody's, I pointed out a minor detail about the average clientele there. I thought it might be something to consider just in case his wife's closest friends happened to be her Bible study group from the local Baptist church. :D
I see...nothing there to get the Baptists up in arms...just some guys who are, well, extremely happy :angel:

·
Registered
7,781 Posts
philippek said:
I see...nothing there to get the Baptists up in arms...just some guys who are, well, extremely happy :angel:
Yes, but when he said it was a surprise party, I'm just guessing but I don't think he meant he wanted to surprise everyone attending. :yikes: :D

·
My TARDIS is a BMW
5,352 Posts
1Dreamer said:
It could even be called "The Los Angeles BMW Club of Anaheim" following the Angels' lead. :D
That should read "The Los Angeles BMW Club of Anaheim in Orange County" :rofl:

·
M Mad
10,476 Posts
Up to you guys. I am pretty free after lunch time.

Closer and easier to find is better for me. :)

·
bmw330pp
1,545 Posts
Pinecone said:
Up to you guys. I am pretty free after lunch time.

Closer and easier to find is better for me. :)
You want to meet today? I thought you wanted to meet on the weekend. I could go for a weekend meet.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts