BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys : Excited to report that my build was accepted by BMW AG. Here is the build, hopefully should see it by mid December. Quick question. I've ordered the rear seat entertainment would I get the tablet with that option ordered also will the tablet be programmed to work the other aspects of the car i.e. Lighting, shades etc. Thanks for the responses in advance.

ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1476626396.627949.jpg

ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1476626407.683081.jpg

·
Registered
413 Posts
Hi Guys : Excited to report that my build was accepted by BMW AG. Here is the build, hopefully should see it by mid December. Quick question. I've ordered the rear seat entertainment would I get the tablet with that option ordered also will the tablet be programmed to work the other aspects of the car i.e. Lighting, shades etc. Thanks for the responses in advance.
RSE doesn't add Touch Command (the tablet) and shows in the order guide that it deletes it on the 740.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RSE doesn't add Touch Command (the tablet) automatically. Neither are dependent on the other and all the car aspects are on the tablet.
Thanks for the info. Too bad, really wanted the tablet. Can it be ordered stand alone without ordering the luxury seating option.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Strange to hear. In Europe, when you order 6FR (RSE), Touch Command is included automatically at no cost. I myself ordered 6FR and got Touch Command for free. You may wish to double-check with your OD

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Strange to hear. In Europe, when you order 6FR (RSE), Touch Command is included automatically at no cost. I myself ordered 6FR and got Touch Command for free. You may wish to double-check with your OD
Will def double check. Can you control the other features of the car or it only to operate the RSE. Thanks for the info as well.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Yes, I can control both RSE and other functions normally accessible from the tablet (shades, lights, seats etc.). And I also see that VIN has not yet been assigned to your order - this means your OD may still have several days to modify the order and add Touch Command (option 6U9 if I am not mistaken)

·
Achtung! Hochspannung!
2018 i3, 2020 Arcimoto FUV
1,516 Posts
I am curious now too, I know cars with ZRE come with the touch command, but adding ZRE also adds RSE(which should delete the tab, per the ordering guide)

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, I can control both RSE and other functions normally accessible from the tablet (shades, lights, seats etc.). And I also see that VIN has not yet been assigned to your order - this means your OD may still have several days to modify the order and add Touch Command (option 6U9 if I am not mistaken)
Good to know. I will be calling the dealer shortly and report back. Thanks for taking the time.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here is a pic I found on the net. This car has the RSE without the Luxury Seating Package and comes with the tablet.

ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1476630649.503849.jpg

·
Registered
413 Posts
The 740's have some strange combinations and restrictions in the US.

To add 6U9 requires:

ZLU Luxury Rear Seating Package
454 Rear ventilated seats
460 Rear comfort seats
4HC Heated Steering Wheel with Front and Rear Heated Seats and Armrests
4T6 Rear massaging seats
6U9 7" Touch Command Tablet

ZLU must be ordered with:

ZEC Executive Package
416 Power rear sunshade and rear side window shades
453 Front ventilated seats
456 Multi-contour seats
4ND Instrument panel with nappa leather finish
4U1 Ceramic Controls
610 Head-up Display

6FR Rear-seat entertainment Professional with iDrive control has this restriction:

*6FR will delete 6U9 from the order

I can't come up with a rational explanation on this one.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The 740's have some strange combinations and restrictions in the US.

To add 6U9 requires:

ZLU Luxury Rear Seating Package
454 Rear ventilated seats
460 Rear comfort seats
4HC Heated Steering Wheel with Front and Rear Heated Seats and Armrests
4T6 Rear massaging seats
6U9 7" Touch Command Tablet

ZLU must be ordered with:

ZEC Executive Package
416 Power rear sunshade and rear side window shades
453 Front ventilated seats
456 Multi-contour seats
4ND Instrument panel with nappa leather finish
4U1 Ceramic Controls
610 Head-up Display

6FR Rear-seat entertainment Professional with iDrive control has this restriction:

*6FR will delete 6U9 from the order

I can't come up with a rational explanation on this one.
Thanks. But very strange. Any input on the pic I posted. It's a US car with the tablet & RSE without the ZLU.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Thanks for all your help. So it does come with the tablet ? I didn't see the the tablet code in the build.
I referenced another car that was just recently built and. Spec'd with RSE. It does have the Tablet and reads the same as the one you provided. Just to refresh my memory, the tablet isn't installed until the car reaches the VPC so it won't show in the order and doesn't count as a control unit. The older remote no longer shows applicable in the parts catalog, so I'm certain the tablet is now incisive with RSE. The last person to update the guide just didn't revise the description.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I referenced another car that was just recently built and. Spec'd with RSE. It does have the Tablet and reads the same as the one you provided. Just to refresh my memory, the tablet isn't installed until the car reaches the VPC so it won't show in the order and doesn't count as a control unit.
Makes sense. Can't thank you enough because I called my CA and he had no clue and said he would get back to me. I asked if the genius knew and he didn't either. Thanks again.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I referenced another car that was just recently built and. Spec'd with RSE. It does have the Tablet and reads the same as the one you provided. Just to refresh my memory, the tablet isn't installed until the car reaches the VPC so it won't show in the order and doesn't count as a control unit. The older remote no longer shows applicable in the parts catalog, so I'm certain the tablet is now incisive with RSE. The last person to update the guide just didn't revise the description.
Re old remote - same stuff, my RSE came with both tablet and "old" remote.

See this page on ETK for PNs that may be applicable.

http://www.etkbmw.com/bmw/EN/search/selectCar/G12/Lim/BMW+740iX/USA/65/65_2628/

1 - 20 of 34 Posts