BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
ex-M couper
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I checked in to the BMW Owners Circle today to see if my order status had changed from "en route." Surprise! The "Order Tracking" link has gone missing.
Anyone know anything about this?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Pardon the cheesy pun, but I think we are on the same boat. Mine was showing 'at vpc' until the link died. I don't even see it as an option under 'manage my bmw' or as the status update on the home page...

Hmmm, maybe both our cars are at the dealers right now just waiting to be picked up! It would be a great way to start the weekend, eh?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Same thing with mine. Once my car arrived at the Spartenburg VPC, the order tracking disappeared.

·
Registered
380 Posts
not necessarily a good thing

There's no way my car is at VPC yet--I just dropped off a week ago--and my tracking disappeared, too...

Anyone have any ideas?

·
ex-M couper
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BMWNA may be redoing the software to make the order tracking more acurate?
Hey, it was just a thought.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Bob, I love your optimism....:thumbup:

I've already made the payment for this month (Due on the 18th).. sure hope I'm driving it by then.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Hey, so I noticed that I had more than a few items in my browsers autocomplete. When I chose one, I can still get to the tracking. It still shows the status a retail.

The browser entries all begin with: https ://oc.bmwusa.com/publications/ordertracking/default.asp?.......................

[PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS LINK WON'T WORK - THE STUFF AFTER THE '.ASP' IS WHAT FINDS YOUR CAR.

This is probably useless, but thought I'd share.

·
ex-M couper
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
philippek said:
Bob,

Check your PM.
Done. Thanks, and congrats on the promotion:thumbup: (I assume it's a promotion and not just more work:confused: ).

·
Registered
5,668 Posts
Bob Clevenger said:
Done. Thanks, and congrats on the promotion:thumbup: (I assume it's a promotion and not just more work:confused: ).
Thanks Bob...it's actually less work (hours-wise), and a decent promotion. Sorry I might not get to see your 6er...but come by when time permits and tell me about the trip!

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
OC Order Tracking AND 1-800 number Kaput?

I turned in my car in Munich last Wednesday (July 12) and noted today that the OC order tracking is gone. Also, when I called the 1-800 number today (Saturday), the response was different: Instead of the usual order status, the machine told me that "my call was being transferred" and then "Our offices are closed - we are open from 9 - 9..."

What gives?

·
Registered
112 Posts
same thing happened to me

DBU said:
I turned in my car in Munich last Wednesday (July 12) and noted today that the OC order tracking is gone. Also, when I called the 1-800 number today (Saturday), the response was different: Instead of the usual order status, the machine told me that "my call was being transferred" and then "Our offices are closed - we are open from 9 - 9..."

What gives?
I called during business hours and the lady told me that once the car is dropped off BMWNA has no additional information and that I should talk to the dealer directly for any further tracking info.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
torrentami said:
I called during business hours and the lady told me that once the car is dropped off BMWNA has no additional information and that I should talk to the dealer directly for any further tracking info.
Makes sense, but I don't think that it the way it used to be. Anybody with past ED experience know?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts