BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered my 328i today, and I'm very excited! I want to thank everyone on this forum for all the previous posts which helped me solve which options I really wanted and which I could live without! Posts on this forum have been incredibly informative and sometimes silly, but I really feel like I got to know the car I'm buying before actually having it.

I'm ordering pretty basic (technology scares me :p )

328i
Jet Black
Saddle Brown Interior
BMW assist with Blue tooth
Split folding rear seats
Value Pack with 17" wheels and USB connector (the free one :angel: )

So, now the waiting game begins!

BTW, we're doing a military overseas purchase so I've researched various states' stales tax laws including NC, SC, MI, and CA. If anyone's interested or needs advice finding the sometimes extremely annoying hidden info I'll be glad to help.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Congrats. Some say the waiting is the hardest part but the anticipation ain't so bad. It makes you appreciate your car so much more than if you just bought it off the lot.

·
Extended Euro Delivery
3,408 Posts
Navi is worth it!

:p

Congrats

Sent from my BMW Approved© HTC Desire using BimmerApp

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
328i. A very wise choice indeed.
Congratulations.

·
Skjoni's Dad
1,733 Posts
nice choices. Love the color combo, and the split folds are really helpful.

·
Here comes trouble!
8,356 Posts
Great purchase! The Jet black will look wonderful with saddle. In fact, had I seen saddle in person before I ordered mine, I would have gone with it, but I am still extremely pleased with black on black with aluminum trim. :)

The wait will be worth it! I've had mine for almost 2 years now, 25k miles...still absolutely love it!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I almost went with Montego Blue, but I decided that I really love the Jet Black so the difference wasn't worth the money. Besides, Black BMW is a classic :thumbup:

·
Super Moderator
8,087 Posts
Congratulations. My 2008 328i was Jet Black (black interior, aluminum trim) and when clean it's gorgeous. I ordered my 2011 model (Blue Water, saddle interior) and from order to delivery to the dealer took about 7 weeks.

·
Fluggaenkdechioebolsen!
201 Posts
Nimyue,

I'm about to do the same (military overseas). So I've got a few questions for you:

1-Who did you go through? I'm leaning towards PCS.
2-I'm looking at getting a similar setup and paying about $31,200. Is this in your ballpark in the event you went with someone other than PCS?

(the Setup)
328i RWD Sedan
Titanium Silver
Beige Interior
Split folding rear seats
Value Pack with 17" wheels and USB connector (the free one )

I reside in WA state and there's no sales tax there under my circumstances. Even though the law providing the exception does not describe my exact circumstances (it's written for someone in a country like Germany who can take possession of the car prior to returning to the states), I called the state office that manages this matter (the DoR, I believe) and they confirmed that the law is intended to provide military personnel serving in overseas locations a tax free purchase whether or not they can take possession prior to returning.

Thanks to everyone in advance for your answers/comments.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My pricing was 30,877, the dealer in Mildenhall, UK is really great. Plus they're part of an international dealership, headquarters in germany somewhere, and they have a US location. So basically I was able to trade in a vehicle I left in the states, which was incredibly convenient. The main pricing difference I noticed in dealers was the delivery fee. Park Lane in London charges $750, and the dealer in Mildenhall charges $280, so I opted for the cheaper of the two :) Otherwise base model pricing and options were identical between the two dealers.

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Although that is local delivery not state-side delivery. However, it does include a major port delivery state-side when we leave. I don't know if there's a difference in duty fees if you're taking delivery in the states or locally in Europe first.

·
Extended Euro Delivery
3,408 Posts
All BMW-MS dealers are obligated by BMW AG to offer the same price. Any deviations are dealer fees which can be different from one to the next. PCS or Bavarian Motorcars only add like 280 over the MS price.

Pentagon Car Sales and Bavarian Motor Cars are on Facebook. 'Like' them. PCS monitors their FB quite regularly and will answer a PM or chat pretty quickly.

·
Registered
13,568 Posts
I ordered my 328i today, and I'm very excited! I want to thank everyone on this forum for all the previous posts which helped me solve which options I really wanted and which I could live without! Posts on this forum have been incredibly informative and sometimes silly, but I really feel like I got to know the car I'm buying before actually having it.

328i
Jet Black
Saddle Brown Interior
Split folding rear seats

BTW, we're doing a military overseas purchase so I've researched various states' stales tax laws including NC, SC, MI, and CA. If anyone's interested or needs advice finding the sometimes extremely annoying hidden info I'll be glad to help.
A great move! The less technology, the better. Frightening to think of the cost when iDrive/computer fails, GM AT misses shifts, power seat mechanism breaks, AC no longer climate controls, rear view mirror doesn't reduce glare anymore and Bluetooth no longer transmits-all guaranteed to occur on day one following year four.

·
Registered
458 Posts

328i
Jet Black
Saddle Brown Interior
Split folding rear seats

Perhaps, a document (nicely organized word document) can seal the deal here enlisting which state has the coolest "cheapest" relaxed laws

·
Registered
264 Posts
A great move! The less technology, the better. Frightening to think of the cost when iDrive/computer fails, GM AT misses shifts, power seat mechanism breaks, AC no longer climate controls, rear view mirror doesn't reduce glare anymore and Bluetooth no longer transmits-all guaranteed to occur on day one following year four.
Just get the 6 year warranty then. I dont plan on keeping it longer than that anyway though.

·
Registered
99 Posts
You'll love the color choice. I just picked up my 328i Coupe, AW with Saddle/Black and the Anthracite Headliner (comes with the M Sport Package) and I love the combo. I think the only color that might look even better than the AW with that interior is the Jet Black. I too kept the car pretty basic. Other than the M Sport package which is basically cosmetic stuff (other than the suspension and limiter tweaks) I only went with the heated seats and sunroof. Absolutely love the 6 speed and the interior is gorgeous. A friend that had a 335i Sedan and recently switched to an A5 (white and black interior) with 6 Speed, saw mine and said I think I'll be going back to a BMW after the A5. BMW really does a beautiful job with these 2 tone interiors.

·
Registered
13,568 Posts
Just get the 6 year warranty then. I dont plan on keeping it longer than that anyway though.
Or you could keep the money allotted to the 6 year warranty in a savings account instead, adding to it as time goes by to pay for repairs as needed.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Congrats!!! 328 in Jet Black. :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts