BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Alter Peter
533 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase, a fine car indeed.

You will have a few sleepless nights, I am sure of it :) However, in the end you will enjoy the final handover in München at Die Welt. The folks there do a marvellous job and they will treat you like a King :)

Tip; Gas off the Autobahn is a bit cheeper so are meals, keep that in mind. Happy Travels.

·
Freude am Fahren
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the tip...I actually accompanied my brother on his ED this past November, so I already learned my lesson about gas prices on the autobahn :cry: Thanks again.

·
Freude am Fahren
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
These boards are dangerous!!

Internet forums and research are dangerous. After a few days of non-stop reading, I've decided I absolutely MUST have the Enhanced Premium Sound and Dynamic Damper Control. Oh well, what's another $30 per month. :tsk:

·
Registered
693 Posts
Internet forums and research are dangerous. After a few days of non-stop reading, I've decided I absolutely MUST have the Enhanced Premium Sound and Dynamic Damper Control. Oh well, what's another $30 per month. :tsk:
The same exact thing happened to me with those two options. Another $10/ month here, another $20 there....The numbers are so small, it is hard to say no.

·
Freude am Fahren
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The same exact thing happened to me with those two options. Another $10/ month here, another $20 there....The numbers are so small, it is hard to say no.
Well...I drew the line at the automatic high beams. Even though it's only $250, I've been handling my high beams just fine for almost 20 years BY MYSELF! :rofl:

I shall now prepare to be flamed mercilessly by all who claim that auto high beams are the most important invention since the wheel. ;)

·
Registered
443 Posts
Well...I drew the line at the automatic high beams. Even though it's only $250, I've been handling my high beams just fine for almost 20 years BY MYSELF! :rofl:

I shall now prepare to be flamed mercilessly by all who claim that auto high beams are the most important invention since the wheel. ;)
I think you made a good decision. That and the smartphone integration is where I drew the line as well. If you live in urban or suburban areas, the auto beams are useless. I can't remember the last time I even turned on the high beams because of lack of light. As for smartphone, I'd rather keep my center console space than have to remember to take my phone out of my pocket and stick it into the adapter every time I get into the car.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
If you have an iPhone, I would spring for the $250 6NR "BMW Apps" option. It may open up a lot of potential for car - phone capabilities.

·
Freude am Fahren
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you have an iPhone, I would spring for the $250 6NR "BMW Apps" option. It may open up a lot of potential for car - phone capabilities.
I just got an iPhone but I have absolutely no interest in the BMW Apps. I realize the functionality might (and probably will) expand beyond just Facebook and Twitter, but I still just don't see a need for it. Plus, I love Sirius and the music on my iPod, so I don't have a need to stream Pandora or other internet radio. Thanks anyway for the suggestion.

·
Registered
248 Posts
:thumbup:
I think you made a good decision. That and the smartphone integration is where I drew the line as well. If you live in urban or suburban areas, the auto beams are useless. I can't remember the last time I even turned on the high beams because of lack of light. As for smartphone, I'd rather keep my center console space than have to remember to take my phone out of my pocket and stick it into the adapter every time I get into the car.

·
Registered
758 Posts
The forums don't get dangerous until after you have the car. The mod-a-bility (new word of the day) is what will get you. A totally stock ///M3 seems almost out of place on some of the forums. Having said that, ignore my signature because I am seeking help for the mod bug. Anyway, hold on to your wallet and good luck with the new whip :thumbup:.....Phil

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.