BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I ordered my first M4 about 3 weeks ago and very excited :). I got the white with Competition and Executive Package with all the body accessories from bmw (spoiler, front splitter, etc.). Color is not very unique but I wanted to keep it simple.

My question is where do i find winter tires? I looked various places online and i couldnt find anything for this car. There are options for non-competition M4 but those won`t fit as far as i know. Does this mean i have to get rims and tire package? Also If I were to buy M4 OEM 19" black rims for my car, will they fit? It seems like easier to find tires for those.

Is it possible to drive without the winter tires or no? I live in NJ btw I mean winters are not very tough comparing the some other states.

Since this is my first high end sport car and big jump from 428 I am little nervous. Any advice for a new M owner would be great.

Thanks!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Hi All,

I ordered my first M4 about 3 weeks ago and very excited :). I got the white with Competition and Executive Package with all the body accessories from bmw (spoiler, front splitter, etc.). Color is not very unique but I wanted to keep it simple.

My question is where do i find winter tires? I looked various places online and i couldnt find anything for this car. There are options for non-competition M4 but those won`t fit as far as i know. Does this mean i have to get rims and tire package? Also If I were to buy M4 OEM 19" black rims for my car, will they fit? It seems like easier to find tires for those.

Is it possible to drive without the winter tires or no? I live in NJ btw I mean winters are not very tough comparing the some other states.

Since this is my first high end sport car and big jump from 428 I am little nervous. Any advice for a new M owner would be great.

Thanks!
WE have organized a group buy for a winter package, wheel, tires and tpms. We are getting a pretty good deal i think. here is the link and thread if interested. 5 days left though. I am getting the 18 inch wheels with michelin studless x ice3 tires.

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1292985

https://www.groupbuyparts.com/index.php/winter-wheel-tire-gb-2016.html

·
Registered
76 Posts
Congrats, you're going to love it!

Any tire shop is going to have tires that will fit your wheels, they just haven't updated their site to list the ZCP package as an option yet. Either search for the tire size (front: 265/30 R20, rear: 285/30 R20 I believe), or send them an email/give them a call and ask for some assistance. Stock 19" rims will fit your car with no problem, as will pretty much any 19" (and some 18") wheels with the right bolt pattern and offset. The group buy mentioned above seems like a good place to start. A dedicated set of winter wheels is easier, and will help the tires last longer.

Nope, don't do it. The stock PSSs (and most summer/all season tires in general) are basically useless at temps below about 5°C/41°F. Protect yourself and your investment and get a good set of winters.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts