- Cold Weather Package
- Bi-Xenon Lights
- Harmon-Kardon Sound
- PWR Sunroof
- 5-Speed Manual
- Topaz Metallic Blue Color
- Black Leatherette Interior

MSRP: $32,900
Total Price Paid: $30,900 + Tax,Title, Lic.

I have never heard the Harmon-Kardon system, is it alot better than the standard CD player in the 325I.

My car will be delivered in July.

What have been your experiences with this car, hopefully positive.

·
Turbo Addict
87 Posts
COngrats!

Congratulations! You'll love the car!!!

I have the standard sound system, but have heard the HK and regret not getting it. It sounds great as long as the bass isn't turned up too high, I think.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to the club.

Topaz is great. Just beware of the curse.:eeps:

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Re: Re: Ordered My New 325i Today

geomax said:

Thats a decent discount on an ordered car - how'd you swing that?
I told the salesperson that they had one in the exact color and optioned out the way I want it in Texas and if she wanted my business in Des Moines, IA and I had to wait it would have to be discounted. She first went down to $31,900 than I stated that I was going to go get a Lexus IS300 with 3.9% financing and then she finally agreed to the final price. They are still making a descent profit and it looks good when a dealer moves a lot of cars. So I say it is a win-win situation.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
DMD said:
What is the Topaz Blue Curse?
A seemingly random series of scratches, dings, mechanical problems, accidents, vandalism etc. that began being tracked in jest on the bimmer.org board. The only common thread was that all of the E46's were topaz. It became known as the topaz curse.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Topaz330xi said:

A seemingly random series of scratches, dings, mechanical problems, accidents, vandalism etc. that began being tracked in jest on the bimmer.org board. The only common thread was that all of the E46's were topaz. It became known as the topaz curse.
DAMN! I guess I will take my chances as topaz blue looks too good to pass up.

·
3,762 Posts
Hey DMD, are you the same guy that used to hang out on the auto BBS at MSNBC.com?

BTW, congrats on the new car!! :thumb:

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ff said:
Hey DMD, are you the same guy that used to hang out on the auto BBS at MSNBC.com?

BTW, congrats on the new car!! :thumb:
Nope, that is someone else. Sorry!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
TrevLong said:
DMD,

Hmmmmm, would you happen to be a dentist?
I am starting dental school next fall at Boston University, class of 2006. I thought the 325I would be a nice graduation gift to my self. I just finished up my biomedical engineering degree at Univ of Iowa!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just realized that I ordered my BMW yesterday & it is not going to be here till July, yet I cannot stop thinking about it. I think I will go insane waiting till July.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Here in July HAHA!!!!!

I ordered mine on 04/20/02 and is scheduled to reach the port in NJ on 07/04/02. No way in july, well thats if your car will be built in South Africa Which it most likely be.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Re: Here in July HAHA!!!!!

CRASHDAKOTA said:
I ordered mine on 04/20/02 and is scheduled to reach the port in NJ on 07/04/02. No way in july, well thats if your car will be built in South Africa Which it most likely be.
How do you know an exact date for when it is going to arrive at the port? Also how do you know if it is going to be build in South Africa or Germany?

Thanks Again
DMD

·
Registered
34 Posts
New 325i ?s

If u have a vin # you can tell if it is being made in either South Africa, or Germany, but i do think all 325i are built in South Africa. You wont be able to know for a long time till when your car is scheduled to get to the port in the USA. Like i said mine was ordered 4/20/02, and finished production on 05/10/02, and i didnt know when it was going to hit the port in NJ till a couple days ago. I was getting kinda pissed (well i still am) because my dealer said 6-8 weeks till delivery. Every dealer said 6-8 weeks. i am now on my 7 week and it is sitting on a boat in Germany Bemerhaven i think it is. I still have 27 days and counting unitll it even hits port. NO!!! LOL

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Re: New 325i ?s

CRASHDAKOTA said:
If u have a vin # you can tell if it is being made in either South Africa, or Germany, but i do think all 325i are built in South Africa. You wont be able to know for a long time till when your car is scheduled to get to the port in the USA. Like i said mine was ordered 4/20/02, and finished production on 05/10/02, and i didnt know when it was going to hit the port in NJ till a couple days ago. I was getting kinda pissed (well i still am) because my dealer said 6-8 weeks till delivery. Every dealer said 6-8 weeks. i am now on my 7 week and it is sitting on a boat in Germany Bemerhaven i think it is. I still have 27 days and counting unitll it even hits port. NO!!! LOL
My VIN is WBAEV33432KL58088 how can I tell from this? I logged onto the BMW website with this and all it says is the scheduled production date is 6/14/02

Thanks Again.

Vikas

I will really need my car in July and the dealer explicitly told me that it would be ready in July...I will be way pissed if the dealer lied to me.

·
Vegan, not Romulan
12,826 Posts
Re: Re: New 325i ?s

DMD said:

My VIN is WBAEV33432KL58088 how can I tell from this? I logged onto the BMW website with this and all it says is the scheduled production date is 6/14/02

Thanks Again.

Vikas

I will really need my car in July and the dealer explicitly told me that it would be ready in July...I will be way pissed if the dealer lied to me.
Your car will be built in Munich. The key is the 11th character. K=Munich.

Good luck with the wait. I remember waiting for my own 325i not too long ago.... and it was excruciating. Prepare of sleepless nights checking Owners Circle continuously for status updates. :)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts