BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm sort of new to bimmerfest (well, been reading for awhile but haven't had anything to post). Used to post on bimmer.org sporadically though.

Well, after 8 months of being on the waiting list my order finally went in today. Yay! :D So excited I just had to share it with the world. Of course, they call *right* after I ordered new tires (S-03's) for the 330i that I'm trading in (since I didn't know how long I would have to wait). Hehe. Go figure.

I'm definitely doing the Performance Center Delivery, but I wanted to know if anyone here has done the M Driving School.

I'm wondering if it's worth the ~$7400 for me and my husband to do. Any info/opinions on it would be greatly appreciated.

Here she is (I even got MSRP!):

May production/June delivery
2002 M3 Carbon Black Convertible/Black interior:

- SMG II (this was the hardest decison I had, but I had heard so many great things about it)
- Bi-Xenons
- Nav
- H/K Upgrade
- Cold Weather Package
- Lumbar Support
- Rain Sensing Wipers

It's only been 30 minutes since I got the call and I'm already tortured by the waiting! Agh!

Thanks for letting me share my news :p

Tammy

Proud owner of:
1997 BMW 850ci
2001 BMW 330i
and soon (but not soon enough!):
2002 BMW M3 Convertible

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Tammy, first of all...congrats on your order:thumb:

Second, I could be wrong, but, I thought that if you are taking delivery of an "M" car, the "M" school is free of charge.

I thought I read in the pamplets that came to me via BMWNA, that there is only a charge for non "M" owners.

I'll look further when I get home from work........

20,210 Posts
DougDogs said:
Tammy, first of all...congrats on your order:thumb:

Second, I could be wrong, but, I thought that if you are taking delivery of an "M" car, the "M" school is free of charge.

I thought I read in the pamplets that came to me via BMWNA, that there is only a charge for non "M" owners.

I'll look further when I get home from work........
PC Delivery is free, but M School is only for M5ers and Z8ers.

From what I've heard, M School is NOT worth that money. There are many other better ones for the $$$ (Skip Barber, etc)

·
5,820 Posts
Tammy, congrats. If possible, I would definitely order the hardtop for winter, YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT (unless you're only driving it in summer). Less $$$$$ as OEM than aftermarket at the dealer. I love mine.

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
Yes, from what I've read all the M school is slalom, skidpad, and a bit more. NOT worth $7400.

If you are not already join BMW CCA and get into your local driving school, they teach well and much more cheaply. Or take Barber, Russell, or the like...

·
M Mad
10,475 Posts
I agree with the others. After reading some reviews of the M School, it isn't worth it.

My favorite school for street driving skills is Bertil Roos Highway Driving Course. Two days for $895 in their cars. Lots of fun and very good stuff taught.

www.racenow.com

G

·
Pinecone said:
I agree with the others. After reading some reviews of the M School, it isn't worth it.

My favorite school for street driving skills is Bertil Roos Highway Driving Course. Two days for $895 in their cars. Lots of fun and very good stuff taught.

www.racenow.com
Many CCA schools will not allow convertibles, however.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.