BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I order BMW accessories as Factory installed with ED. I'm thinking about getting the rear spoiler and the upcoming sport muffler and front strut bar. Is it possible to get the parts installed from the factory or do the parts need to be installed at the dealer when the car arrives.

Thanks...

·
Registered
97 Posts
If the option is factory installed, yes. If it is a dealer installed option/accessory such as alarm or spoilers you will need to take it to a dealer. In your case I am pretty sure the answer is no.

It really ticks me off that the alarm is a dealer installed option. I now have to run arround activating the thing before hitting Eastern Europe.

.Trex

·
Ultimate Driving Machine
2,208 Posts
swatman said:
Can I order BMW accessories as Factory installed with ED. I'm thinking about getting the rear spoiler and the upcoming sport muffler and front strut bar. Is it possible to get the parts installed from the factory or do the parts need to be installed at the dealer when the car arrives.

Thanks...
I've never heard of being able to do that and you want to be sure you don't make any mods while in EU because they will be removed by the VDC...no biggie cuz it will cost you more over there, so may as well do it here.

·
John Firestone
2,913 Posts
I believe the VPCs have better things to do than remove peoples' mods. If you ponder the idea for a moment, I think you will find it a little problematic.

Who would pay for the labor and parts? What would they do with the customer's property? How do they explain to the customer the car's contrarily restored banality and emptiness?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Apparently it is more of an issue with US customs and port law, as opposed to giving the VPC guys something to stay busy with.

·
Premium Member
7,705 Posts
swatman said:

Thanks...
Like T-Gray said... and here is my 2 cents worth:

DON'T DO IT!!

·
John Firestone
2,913 Posts
jeffwilcox said:
Apparently it is more of an issue with US customs and port law, as opposed to giving the VPC guys something to stay busy with.
I guess, but does anyone have first or even second hand knowledge of someone who slapped something on an ED car and ran into trouble with the customs or the port authorities? The ones over here have more important things to keep them busy like intercepting smuggled cigarettes or helping with America's anti-terror efforts.

I think component theft and U.S. warranty service could be more serious problems. Unless it is something really exotic, you will probably do just as well adding things once you get the car home.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts