BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Fibrenew Guy in Raleigh
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi:

Looking for anyone with pictures of silvery (reflective) tint on Orient Blue (black or other dark colors might help) and also pictures of regular dark tint on the same colors. Trying to figure out which to put on our car.

Thanks!

·
Here since day one
7,183 Posts
I like that new tint that is silver on the bottom and becomes grey on the top . . . I think it gives a futurist look !!

Here's a picture of mine . . . the clean car pic is kind of old, the dirty car pic is newer (my neighbors moved thier homes further away from mine ;) )

·
Here since day one
7,183 Posts
Chris330ci said:
I'd stay away from the silvery look unless you want to look like something out of the 'hood... :bigpimp: :angel:
Chris, by any chance does your car have Contential tires ? ?

·
Here since day one
7,183 Posts
Chris330ci said:

Nope, I got stuck with the Dunlops... :(

Edit: Oh, and uh, Alan...clean those wheels..!!! :yikes: ;)
lol, They're clean now . . . I took that picture back in May . . . I gotta say my car is been very clean lately

It's kind of funny, but I could tell from your picture that the tread looked different then what I am used too. It's not that I could make out the tread design either but it looks different then mine.

I didn't even know Dunlops were offered . . . how are they ?

·
Fibrenew Guy in Raleigh
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I take it by the change of topic here that nobody has pics of Orient Blue with any type of tint?

·
Traffic Surgeon
2,317 Posts
Alan F said:
lol, They're clean now . . . I took that picture back in May . . . I gotta say my car is been very clean lately

It's kind of funny, but I could tell from your picture that the tread looked different then what I am used too. It's not that I could make out the tread design either but it looks different then mine.

I didn't even know Dunlops were offered . . . how are they ?
Glad to hear you're keeping it on the clean side. This will be my last black car. The cleaning regimen involved for two black cars is killing me!

The Dunlops come OEM on both the 330i/330ci SP and even the M3. I guess it all goes back to the infamous 'tire lottery'. They can be a bit noisy at times, but for the most part they've handled every situation I've thrown at them. They rank in the toilet at Tire Rack, so when it comes time to replace them, I am either going to fork over some cash and get the S-03's or play it smarter and get some Kumho Ecsta's for about half the price. You have the Pilot's right..?

·
Traffic Surgeon
2,317 Posts
Redshift said:
So I take it by the change of topic here that nobody has pics of Orient Blue with any type of tint?
Sorry, didn't mean to hijack. I will say that I can't think of anyone here with OB and tint off hand...

·
Here since day one
7,183 Posts
Chris330ci said:

The Dunlops come OEM on both the 330i/330ci SP and even the M3. I guess it all goes back to the infamous 'tire lottery'. They can be a bit noisy at times, but for the most part they've handled every situation I've thrown at them. They rank in the toilet at Tire Rack, so when it comes time to replace them, I am either going to fork over some cash and get the S-03's or play it smarter and get some Kumho Ecsta's for about half the price. You have the Pilot's right..?
Yeah, I've got the Pilot's . . . they have been great with the exception that they LOVE to tramline. I've driven other 3's with the Continental's and they don't tramline nearly as much.

Meanwhile, all 3 different tire choices I am sure are fine . . . The main difference I noticed between the Pilots and the Conti's was the noise & trmalining . . . The Pilot's were the louder ones.

As far as the black, I love black/black and would get it again unless I got another coupe. Although it's my favorite color for the E46 I would have to get something different next time around just so it wouldn't feel like the same exact car.

·
Fibrenew Guy in Raleigh
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Alan F said:

sorry, didn't mean to take over the thread . . .

did you try the thread below to see if there are any;
If I come across a picture of one for you, I'll let you know.

http://bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4269
No need to apologize, folks - I know how it goes :)

I checked that thread and didn't see anything. Thanks for keeping your eyes out :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Sorry- I have Orient Blue but no tint.

I do have to say that the silver may look pretty good.

I base this on the Orient Blue like color on the Lexus Rx300 and it has silver tint on the back windows and IMO looks pretty good.

But to each his own. I'd say do what you can to see one of each in person before you make your decision- it's the easiest way to decide rather than guessing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts