Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First off this is not a post to discuss if mud flaps/or no mud flaps look better or not.

This is a post to let others know that the original BMW Mud Flaps do in fact fit perfectly on a F-51 X5 M Sport! The dealers tell you black and blue they don't fit, however they do, 100% perfect fit. I just fitted them to my car, as I hate stone chips down the side.:mad:

Below is the BMW part numbers, NOTE: For 20" wheels. They are the same for vehicles with side step (as you get cut outs for the side steps) and 18' or 19" wheels.
FRONT-82 16 2 302 409.- 20" Wheels
REAR-82 16 2 302 431. - 20" Wheels.

Photos taken in my garage, so not the best, however it shows the 100% perfect fit. This will help all those out there getting gravel rash damage. They are not difficult to fit, just a little time needed to align all factory holes.

Front mud flap - whole.jpg

front mud flat close up.jpg

rear mud flap close up.jpg

rear mud flap.jpg

·
Registered
232 Posts
Hey LesAshmore

Thanks for posting! Didn't think I would like the black on white but, I actually like the look a lot! Good job!!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
First off this is not a post to discuss if mud flaps/or no mud flaps look better or not.

This is a post to let others know that the original BMW Mud Flaps do in fact fit perfectly on a F-51 X5 M Sport! The dealers tell you black and blue they don't fit, however they do, 100% perfect fit. I just fitted them to my car, as I hate stone chips down the side.:mad:

Below is the BMW part numbers, NOTE: For 20" wheels. They are the same for vehicles with side step (as you get cut outs for the side steps) and 18' or 19" wheels.

Photos taken in my garage, so not the best, however it shows the 100% perfect fit. This will help all those out there getting gravel rash damage. They are not difficult to fit, just a little time needed to align all factory holes.
After you had these for a while can you tell if the original paint gets scratched? Just wondering if they move a lot and rub the paint...?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They are a soft rubber/plastic material. Once on they don't move. No damage to paint work at all. If you hate stone chips get them, or drive on ice/snow roads when they put chip down. :mad:

·
Registered
862 Posts
Thanks for the info - I had done the front on ours a few weeks ago and was worried that the rears would not work - ordering now!

I did the fronts myself - probably will let dealer do rears along with some other service. I don't feel like pulling the wheels - fronts didn't need that.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
I'm disappointed to see those are simple flat black ones. You should have installed these decals to let them know you'll entertain plus sizes:

or if wife is primary driver:

·
Registered
862 Posts
^^^ you do whatever works for you ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts

View attachment 525778

View attachment 525779

View attachment 525780

View attachment 525781
Sorry to revive an old thread. But could you please kindly advise if DIY install on the rear mudflap is possible without taking the wheel off?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts