Bimmerfest BMW banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Since the post is resurrected - what is needed to install these on a 2016 X5 x35i? The mud flaps themselves are not expensive, but my dealer wants $539 for all four wheels, installed. If they require drilling or disassembling things I'll let the dealer do it.

I put similar molded mud flaps on a pickup once, so even though I am not mechanically inclined I can do simple things!

·
ken05
106 Posts
that is good info
do you know if they will fit or are available for the X3 LCI,
it is a M Sport and i was told the side steps cant be fitted to a BMW with M Sport
cause i would like the side steps and moulded mud flaps.
cheers

·
Registered
54 Posts
Since the post is resurrected - what is needed to install these on a 2016 X5 x35i? The mud flaps themselves are not expensive, but my dealer wants $539 for all four wheels, installed. If they require drilling or disassembling things I'll let the dealer do it.

I put similar molded mud flaps on a pickup once, so even though I am not mechanically inclined I can do simple things!
Wow that is expensive. my dealer charged be 170 to install both front and back. charged me 142 for the flaps.

The install was pretty simple they did have to drill 2 holes total on the back flaps to put the push plastic bolt. one underneath the car and one in the wheel well. I did not watch the front install. The biggest issue he had was getting the existing push pins out on the wheel well.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I am quite handy and found them Ridley to fit and get perfect. No drilling of new holes, one self tapper screw under neath. Best to remove rear wheel so you can get a drill in and drill out the old plastic rivets. Just use a smaller drill bit and put on high speed, it melts them and they simply pullout easy.
The ones for the X5 had the cut outs for the running boards, so assume some for X3. Yes BMW also told me they would not fit and were wrong.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I am quite handy and found them Ridley to fit and get perfect. No drilling of new holes, one self tapper screw under neath. Best to remove rear wheel so you can get a drill in and drill out the old plastic rivets. Just use a smaller drill bit and put on high speed, it melts them and they simply pullout easy.
The ones for the X5 had the cut outs for the running boards, so assume some for X3. Yes BMW also told me they would not fit and were wrong.
The ones I have do not have running board cut outs. Will attach pics later.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Here is a link of my posting with pictures

http://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?p=19510850

·
Registered
303 Posts
My dealer put them on for me. I paid for the flaps. A little over $200 including sales tax. I think they look fine - flat black rubber, against the black body panels and the dark blue car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
First off this is not a post to discuss if mud flaps/or no mud flaps look better or not.

This is a post to let others know that the original BMW Mud Flaps do in fact fit perfectly on a F-51 X5 M Sport! The dealers tell you black and blue they don't fit, however they do, 100% perfect fit. I just fitted them to my car, as I hate stone chips down the side.:mad:

Below is the BMW part numbers, NOTE: For 20" wheels. They are the same for vehicles with side step (as you get cut outs for the side steps) and 18' or 19" wheels.
FRONT-82 16 2 302 409.- 20" Wheels
REAR-82 16 2 302 431. - 20" Wheels.

Photos taken in my garage, so not the best, however it shows the 100% perfect fit. This will help all those out there getting gravel rash damage. They are not difficult to fit, just a little time needed to align all factory holes.

View attachment 525778

View attachment 525779

View attachment 525780

View attachment 525781
Hello,

·
Registered
4 Posts
First off this is not a post to discuss if mud flaps/or no mud flaps look better or not.

This is a post to let others know that the original BMW Mud Flaps do in fact fit perfectly on a F-51 X5 M Sport! The dealers tell you black and blue they don't fit, however they do, 100% perfect fit. I just fitted them to my car, as I hate stone chips down the side.:mad:

Below is the BMW part numbers, NOTE: For 20" wheels. They are the same for vehicles with side step (as you get cut outs for the side steps) and 18' or 19" wheels.
FRONT-82 16 2 302 409.- 20" Wheels
REAR-82 16 2 302 431. - 20" Wheels.

Photos taken in my garage, so not the best, however it shows the 100% perfect fit. This will help all those out there getting gravel rash damage. They are not difficult to fit, just a little time needed to align all factory holes.

View attachment 525778

View attachment 525779

View attachment 525780

View attachment 525781

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello,
I tried to order a set from a seller online and was advised that they won't fit. Can you advise if you had to make any cuts to the flaps at all. I have the same color as yours also with the M Sport package, 2017 Sdrive.
Thanks

21 - 31 of 31 Posts