Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Every trend starts to become a caricature of itself as it reaches the end of its life.

Tailfins did it in '59, excess chrome, etc.

I think the current crop of SUVs have reached that point. They really have become a gruesome joke. The good part is, if history is any guide, the end of the trend is near.

·
Parking Spot Maven
2,831 Posts
Good observation Long Duck, I hadn't thought of that. I hope you're right... I miss the days of being able to see several cars ahead of me.

A little OT, but this is especially annoying when you're behind a huge SUV and they wait till the last second to avoid the car in front of them before making a left or something (do they think they're sporty when they drive like that or what?). Next thing you know, you're doing 50 and you have less than 60 feet to stop before slamming into the stopped car in front of you. :mad:

/rant

--SONET

·
10,856 Posts
Well, here's hoping that we'll see the end of SUVs soon. And tinted glass. I hate tinted glass almost as much as SUVs (though an explorer tried to run me off the road the other day). You just can't see shit through any car with tinted windows. I consider it highly impolite.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts