BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

OT: What is it G35 drivers?

1763 Views 23 Replies 16 Participants Last post by  pal
Is it just me?

Every time I am tooling around town in my M roadster, some yahooo in an G35 pulls along side and wants to race. Whats the deal?
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Yahoos are naturally attracted to shiny objects. Sometimes they fantasize about owning them. Simply ignore the Yahoos and they will resume their sad little lives.
I think this car attracts people that want to race.
Some douche in a minivan wanted to race me yesterday.
Reactions: 2BeerBilly!
Yeah, between guys in G35s/G37s, which I see many of in my commute, I have learned to just ignore them. LOL

The G3x's aren't even that bad (not my personal style) but the drivers always seem to be the quintessential, "I want a cool car but know nothing about it" type of folks.. What makes me laugh is when I meet some girl who is says her friend and/or boyfriend is really into cars and then I meet the guy and he turns out to be a G3x owner with no knowledge of anything about cars. OK OK, so I recently had this experience... but it seems to happen quite often.

The Z4MC does seem to attract people that want to race all the time.
A G-37 is a very nice car. I even test drove one, along with various P-cars, early in my tire kicking that ended with my buying a Z4MC in 2007.

When anyone exhibits what you described about racing or whatever, I just either say, "nice car" or give them a nod that says the same thing. They are grateful and go in peace.

EB
Reactions: 2BeerBilly!
I was really seriously considering the new Z370 until I saw the really ugly gauge cluster. Wow, what a turnoff the interior is.
+1

it's a shame since the exterior is so nice.
I was really seriously considering the new Z370 until I saw the really ugly gauge cluster. Wow, what a turnoff the interior is.
maybe it's because i live in LA where fast cars are a dime a dozen, but in almost 2 years i've never had anyone try to race me. weird :p
As a G35 yahoo i'm biased here... Question to OP: are these "racers" in coupes or sedans? There's a pretty big divide between coupe and sedan owners.
btw, your revelation about G drivers is not new: http://konkocars.com/2009/07/15/the-top-10-cars-driven-by-douchebags
I test-drove a G35 coupe before buying my Z3MC. Nice car, but it's a big/heavy coupe. Drives great, plenty of power, etc. I just don't know why I need a big heavy sport coupe. They always strike me as more style than substance. Why not just get a similar size/performance sedan?

But then, my M Coupe is usually way bigger a car than I need, what with the empty trunk, passenger seat, and huge long hood. Maybe that's why I commute by motorcycle now :)
The two times I had G35s try to "race" me they were indeed Coupes. Since they did not elicit much reaction from me, they followed me for a while (closely I might add) and then did the "fly-by".
As a G35 yahoo i'm biased here... Question to OP: are these "racers" in coupes or sedans? There's a pretty big divide between coupe and sedan owners.
btw, your revelation about G drivers is not new: http://konkocars.com/2009/07/15/the-top-10-cars-driven-by-douchebags
When I was shopping for E36 M3s one owner of a car I test-drove said people try to race you all the time.

Oddly, nobody's ever tried to 'race' me either in my M3 or in the M Coupe. Not complaining, just think it's odd that others seem to get challenges as often as they do.
Hilarious. I can't get up from the floor ... :rofl:<O:p></O:p>
Yahoos are naturally attracted to shiny objects. ...
RostaSteve - funny you should mention. The were both coupes.

I am still laughing at the comment of yahoo attaction to shiny things.
Do you look like the serial-killer type? :rofl:

:eek: :eeps:
Oddly, nobody's ever tried to 'race' me either in my M3 or in the M Coupe.
It's because they have little wee-wees. I usually get out of my car and show them my big BMW-owning wee-wee (onto which I have painfully mounted a Roundel and an M badge), the sight of which causes them to motor away slowly, hanging their heads in shame.

:angel:
WHO'S ASKING??? :irate:

j/k... though the coupe is debadged so maybe that helps keep the morons away?
Do you look like the serial-killer type? :rofl:
I like how 3s are listed as d-bag car #2...
Can I get a disclaimer that says "those who own 3s who have actually done their own work on the car are exempt?"
Only if i can get a clarification that the top spot belongs to G35 coupe drivers only. But until then we're both d-bags, I'm just a bigger one :)
I like how 3s are listed as d-bag car #2...
Can I get a disclaimer that says "those who own 3s who have actually done their own work on the car are exempt?"
No. Because people who install underglow neons and 20" chrome dubs are actually doing work on their own car. And they definitely are not exempt.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.