BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just read the paper and realized the new Pope is a fellow beer drinke.... eh,... I mean "Bavarian" :thumbup: :D

Niceeee!! ;)

beewang :bigpimp:

·
Registered
823 Posts
TGray5 said:
Yes and when he was in the military, he worked for an air defense unit guarding a BMW factory! True! :thumbup:
Not something to be proud of!

A disturbing and little-known aspect of the Nazi slave labor system was the involvement of big business. Many of the most respected German corporations had no scruples about using concentration camp labor. A company's decision to use slave labor was voluntary. By the end of 1944, one half a million ghetto and concentration camp inmates were chained to hundreds of corporations. The greatest offenders were either state-owned enterprises - such as BRABAG, the Herman Goring Works, and Volkswagen - or munitions and arms makers, such as Junkers, Messerschmitt, Heinkel, Krupp, Dynamit Nobel, and Rheinmetall-Borsig. By 1943, almost every major private corporation was complicit, including BMW.

·
Ultimate Driving Machine
2,208 Posts
BillKach said:

A disturbing and little-known aspect of the Nazi slave labor system was the involvement of big business. Many of the most respected German corporations had no scruples about using concentration camp labor. A company's decision to use slave labor was voluntary. By the end of 1944, one half a million ghetto and concentration camp inmates were chained to hundreds of corporations. The greatest offenders were either state-owned enterprises - such as BRABAG, the Herman Goring Works, and Volkswagen - or munitions and arms makers, such as Junkers, Messerschmitt, Heinkel, Krupp, Dynamit Nobel, and Rheinmetall-Borsig. By 1943, almost every major private corporation was complicit, including BMW.
Well, in regards to what one could be doing in Hitler's Army, me thinks working an anti-aircraft gun is not too bad. The past is the past in my book. Additionally, in case you didn't know, service in the military under Hitler wasn't voluntary.

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
BillKach said:

..and General Motors and Ford ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.