Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Fibrenew Guy in Raleigh
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey folks:

We got the call today that our new 330CiC came in, a day EARLY. :yikes:

It arrived at the VPC on Tuesday, and is now here only 2 days later. Great turnaround time.

Leith BMW here in Raleigh was AWESOME to deal with. They bent over backwards many times to make us happy and gave us a smashing good deal to boot. They have a life long customer at this point. I highly recommend them, and if you need an advisor, Sean Beach is basically the most low-stress salesman I have ever dealt with. Top notch all around for Leith!

Okay, now that we're done with formalities, here are pictures. The car is Orient Blue with blue top, sand leather interior, and SP, PP, CWP, RPDC, and Bi-xenons. The color is hard to see as it was dusk, but I will get more (better) pictures after she gets her Zaino treatment this weekend. They just changed the 3rd brakelight on the convertibles - it now has a clear lense and the bulb is actually a strip of NEON - it looks way cool - if you want pictures let me know.

(And may I say this car is quite incredible - the features, the quality, the build, and the design. Wow! Oh yeah, and my wife looks really HOT in the car ; Makes me wish it was mine instead of hers!)

Here are the goods:

She had 8 miles when we picked her up, and another 9 from the dealership to home makes seventeen:

The interior (nothing new here):

And now some exterior shots:

Now to break it in! This car is awesome.

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Sweet:thumb:

Love the combo:D

·
5,820 Posts
Very nice, sharp in Orient. Don't know if the hardtop would be meaningful to you in Raleigh ( I have a cousin there) but it's great. I like the look of a clean rear, maybe consider removing the badge...very easy, especially on a car as new as yours.

·
Bimmerless
1,070 Posts
now I'm really jealous...

Redshift, the car looks great, nice colors.

My cic just made it to the California VPC on Tuesday, two days earlier than the boat was even supposed to reach port. With any luck, I'll have it sometime next week once it makes it's way across the Rockies to Boulder. Just in time for the three-day weekend. :D

I would be curious to see some close-up shots of that third-light. I had not heard anything about changes to this design, but it looks good in the pic you posted here. When was yours produced? It had to be right about the exact same time as mine, or even a little later. Mine left the factory on April 18th, left the Bremerhaven port on the 20th. My configuration is almost identical to yours, so hopefully it has the same third light design.

I'll be splitting time on the cic with my wife. She's got the long commute, I wanted the bimmer. Should be a slight change from the truck....

·
Fibrenew Guy in Raleigh
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: now I'm really jealous...

rawskyb said:
Redshift, the car looks great, nice colors.

My cic just made it to the California VPC on Tuesday, two days earlier than the boat was even supposed to reach port. With any luck, I'll have it sometime next week once it makes it's way across the Rockies to Boulder. Just in time for the three-day weekend. :D

I would be curious to see some close-up shots of that third-light. I had not heard anything about changes to this design, but it looks good in the pic you posted here. When was yours produced? It had to be right about the exact same time as mine, or even a little later. Mine left the factory on April 18th, left the Bremerhaven port on the 20th. My configuration is almost identical to yours, so hopefully it has the same third light design.

I'll be splitting time on the cic with my wife. She's got the long commute, I wanted the bimmer. Should be a slight change from the truck....
Good luck with the new car!

Ours was produced around 4/19 or so. My dealer, who sells around 75 new cars a month, says this is the first time they have seen this new 3rd brakelight. I'll try to get some good pictures tomorrow (can't do it alone since you need someone to depress the pedal).

·
Here since day one
7,180 Posts
Your Cic looks beautiful . . . Congrats and good luck !!

It must be hard to wake up in the morning and decide which one to drive :) :)

I used to be a Corvette guy as well !!!

·
Elected by grace
1,945 Posts
:thumb: Welcome to the club, Redshift!

Truth be told, I don't think I've seen an E46 cab that hasn't looked great, but that combo really ROCKS!

Congrats!

·
Fibrenew Guy in Raleigh
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alan F said:
Your Cic looks beautiful . . . Congrats and good luck !!

It must be hard to wake up in the morning and decide which one to drive :) :)

I used to be a Corvette guy as well !!!

If you think that's spooky, we traded a '98 Eclipse GS-T for the 330! :yikes:

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Gorgeous 330 :D

I like your Corvette too :bigpimp:

One of our regulars, Alex325i, has owned two C5s :thumb:

·
Here since day one
7,180 Posts
Redshift said:

If you think that's spooky, we traded a '98 Eclipse GS-T for the 330! :yikes:
That's pretty funny, I just purchased the Eclipse on Monday because I wanted a fun Convertible to play around with. It's always been one of my favorite cars . . .

I would love it if I could get my wife a Convertible Bimmer but with 2 small children, she won't even consider giving up her Odyssey.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Love that color combo...but then again, I have it too!

·
I'm a Mac
17,699 Posts
Great lookin' car--congrats!!

Whereabouts in Raleigh are you? From the pix, it looks an awful like Wakefield Plantation (we're moving there ourselves next month!!). Love John Wieland.

Howdy, neighbor.

:D

·
Fibrenew Guy in Raleigh
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hts said:
Great lookin' car--congrats!!

Whereabouts in Raleigh are you? From the pix, it looks an awful like Wakefield Plantation (we're moving there ourselves next month!!). Love John Wieland.

Howdy, neighbor.

:D
No way. You have a PM.

·
I'm a Mac
17,699 Posts

·
Fibrenew Guy in Raleigh
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here's a couple of pics after one coat of Zaino polish. I think I'll do about two more coats.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Redshift,

The new car looks great. I live in Raleigh and have been buying BMW's Mercedes and Porsche's from Leith for about 20 years. I have always been pleased with their sales and service.

Could you send me an e-mail so that I can send one to you regarding some questions on your C5 Corvette? I am somewhat interested in one and would like to get your perspective. My e-mail address is [email protected].

Gerald

·
Fibrenew Guy in Raleigh
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Gerald, why don't you just visit my forum at http://www.c5forum.com - and ask the members the questions you have? Surely they can answer them with more perspectives than I alone. :)

·
Bimmerless
1,070 Posts
Wanted: Close up of your rear

Ok, don't take that request wrong....:yikes:

Just looking for a closer shot of the third light. You don't have to get the brake-light turned on. I just want to see what that white strip looks like.

Owner's Circle was showing my delivery on the 20th last night, and then this morning it updated to the 19th!! I called my dealer though and he said it was released to the carrier, but he doesn't expect to receive it until Monday or Tuesday, so I'm probably looking at Wed/Thurs. :bawling:

Until then, I have to continue living vicariously off of you. Sorry!!

Your Zaino job looks great. I may have to put an order in for some here pretty soon myself.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Congrats! Beautiful car! :thumb:

You like Vettes too? I see that we have the same taste for cars... I've had two C5's :thumb: LOVE'em!

98 Nassau Blue

01 Torch Red (which I traded for my M3)

Wish I could still have a Vette... :(

1 - 20 of 31 Posts