BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering what the general feeling is on getting out of state cars. Especially when those states are snow states (worry about salt damage, crappy roads,etc). Does a carfax with multiple owners or out of state registration concern ou at all? In the past, I've only bought local cpo cars.

· Registered
2,510 Posts
Ideally I like to avoid cars from the coast or salted road Northern states.

If you are not buying sight unseen an inspection of the under-body and engine compartment should show early corrosion signs or clean metal that would indicate the car has been garaged and not overly exposed to tough conditions.

· Registered
57 Posts
If the car is from the snow states and its AWD (X), then most likely it was driven year round. If its not AWD, than there is a chance the car wasnt touched during snow and ice time. I personally would not purchase any car from East coast (north=snow and ice; south=hot, too hot).

When i was looking for my current car (purchased it a couple of weeks ago), I searched local, Portland and down to SF. My car came from SF.

Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.