BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of my wife's took a two year lease on a SUV. I am not sure of the model. Anyway it was at the dealer shop and (of course) they did the courtesy inspection. The SUV has 6100 miles on it. Guess what ? It needed two new tires to the tune of $600 and windsheild wipers at $120. Also something else for a total of $1200. She is a 70s widow and I think they are taking advantage of her. I told her to protest the charge on her credit card and let my look at the lease. Comments ? Thanks.

·
Registered
65 Posts
A friend of my wife's took a two year lease on a SUV. I am not sure of the model. Anyway it was at the dealer shop and (of course) they did the courtesy inspection. The SUV has 6100 miles on it. Guess what ? It needed two new tires to the tune of $600 and windsheild wipers at $120. Also something else for a total of $1200. She is a 70s widow and I think they are taking advantage of her. I told her to protest the charge on her credit card and let my look at the lease. Comments ? Thanks.
Looking at the lease will have nothing to do with this issue, unless your friend paid for an extra maintenance plan over the course of the lease. And protesting the credit card charge won't help if she authorized the charge. What needs to be done is someone with negotiating skills go back to the dealer with your wifes friend and have the service manager explain the charges. Two new tires at 6100 miles doesn't seem reasonable....same for the "something else" for $480. Not on a 6100 mile vehicle. If you don't get straight answers then go see the GM of the dealership.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looking at the lease will have nothing to do with this issue, unless your friend paid for an extra maintenance plan over the course of the lease. And protesting the credit card charge won't help if she authorized the charge. What needs to be done is someone with negotiating skills go back to the dealer with your wifes friend and have the service manager explain the charges. Two new tires at 6100 miles doesn't seem reasonable....same for the "something else" for $480. Not on a 6100 mile vehicle. If you don't get straight answers then go see the GM of the dealership.
Thanks Gphin. So far the dealership (in my opinion) has given her the classic runaround. I had an issue years ago and got some satisfaction from BMW NA Customer Relations. She evidently had the car at the dealership in March 2020 and September 2020. There was no mention of an alignment issue (that which ruined the tires). She has had 5 BMWs over time. I am drafting her complaint which will go to BMW NA. Maybe they will throw her a bone when considering how she has been treated and taken advantage of by the dealership. No warning on the alignment ? $120 wipers ?? Really ?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Thanks Gphin. So far the dealership (in my opinion) has given her the classic runaround. I had an issue years ago and got some satisfaction from BMW NA Customer Relations. She evidently had the car at the dealership in March 2020 and September 2020. There was no mention of an alignment issue (that which ruined the tires). She has had 5 BMWs over time. I am drafting her complaint which will go to BMW NA. Maybe they will throw her a bone when considering how she has been treated and taken advantage of by the dealership. No warning on the alignment ? $120 wipers ?? Really ?
No problem. But the fact these dealer visits are so far in the past puts you at a distinct disadvantage. Good luck. And btw, my daughter's VW dealer got her for $60 for wipers recently (will never again) so $120 at a BMW dealership doesn't surprise me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.