BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I get done working on fixing a problem with my 318i, and all of sudden the driver door handle breaks, cannot open from outside, and there is not tension when I pull. I can open from inside fine, but it will not work on the outside. Then, a couple of days later, the passenger side broke. Same exact thing. I researched and found some DIY, but not really informative. This is the best I have found so far: http://www.pelicanparts.com/bmw/techarticles/101-Projects-67-Doors/101-Projects-67-Doors.htm

Is there another DIY that can help? Or has anyone had this issue or fixed this type of issue? I am having a hard time with this. I have replaced window motors before, but with this, I hear the window itself is an issue when fixing the outside door handle. Any insight? Thanks in advance!

·
WYKDBMR
700 Posts
I remember when i changed my drivers handle assembly and it was a pain! I still need the passenger side because its also broken. However, I got a junk yard handle for my drivers side for the mean time. I am going to get them new with new keys. I haven't asked the dealer how much they cost with them but i bet it must be a lot so I still have to see.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

1 - 2 of 2 Posts