BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Be a race car Daddy!
2016 340i M-Sport
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't believe in 4 years that I've ever touched my outside mirror glass while the car was in operation. Well I did for the first time this weekend and found them to be abnormally warm.

Ambient temperature outside was about 75 degrees and my car was in my garage before I drove it. I then checked this several times over the next few days to make sure that the glass temperature was cool prior to driving.

I know we have heated mirrors, and I'm not suprised that they work even when its warm outside. I am suprised though how warm the surface temperature of the glass becomes after a short time driving the car.

Does anyone know if these are thermostatically controlled, whether they should be warm to the touch and whether they should be heated when the ambient temperature outside is 75 degrees and above? Please share your experiences.

·
Hofmeister kink ftw!1!!1!
1,482 Posts
It's that way on my E36 - warm all the time. I've not touched the glass on the mirror of my E60 yet. I'll let you know.

·
There and back again
2,601 Posts
sp330i said:
Does anyone know if these are thermostatically controlled, whether they should be warm to the touch and whether they should be heated when the ambient temperature outside is 75 degrees and above? Please share your experiences.
No thermostat, and they're on all the time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts