Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to turn off the outside temperature warning. Every few days here in Texas, the annoying chime sounds and the HUD shows "Warning 37 degrees". It's as if the X3 is telling me, "Warning, it's now 37 degrees and nothing is going to happen". Seems stupid to me. All of you in colder states, does it go off everyday?

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 98K miles NOKIAN WR G3 12K miles
16,480 Posts
Yes. Warning of potential for icy road. It***8217;s not very valuable when it warns in the garage as I***8217;m about to back out onto snow / ice / black ice, but when the temperature drops while driving then it***8217;s a good reminder that what looks like a puddle may be black ice and a lot slipperier.

·
Certified Car Nut
210 Posts
I don't know of anyway to suppress it. Welcome to BMW. My first BMW <08 335i> chimed and displayed a big snow flake. This one is much more subdued in my opinion. We have a Kia Sedona minivan in our fleet at work, and it chimes and displays an icon in the insturment cluster as well.
Maybe more and more manufactures are leaning towards the warning that Mr Huffman suggests.

·
Registered
762 Posts
The car is reminding you of what the weatherman always says - remember bridges and overpasses may freeze before the roads. I've had my 5'er coded and I don't think the warning can be turned off.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I coded too and it's not in the Easy section for Bimmercode.

It's useless for me too. Doesn't snow or ice here. Only drops below freezing at night very rarely, but there's no precipitation to freeze over anyways. Wish I could turn it off, but haven't found a way yet.

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 98K miles NOKIAN WR G3 12K miles
16,480 Posts
LOL. I grew up in the Santa Clara Valley and skied the Sierras, and was always the last one to chain-up.

·
Registered
12,083 Posts
Unplug the ambient temp sensor. :p :D :p

But unfortunately...you'll lose a few more integrated/automatically initiated features that require the ambient temperature to perform/operate...but you won't have to deal with the gong/chime anymore @ 37°/3° (F/C). :eeps:

·
Registered
68 Posts
I coded too and it's not in the Easy section for Bimmercode.

It's useless for me too. Doesn't snow or ice here. Only drops below freezing at night very rarely, but there's no precipitation to freeze over anyways. Wish I could turn it off, but haven't found a way yet.

In the 3000 Anzeige_Konfiguration section (Bimmercode: expert mode), under CC_Temperaturwarnung,
change from "Nicht_Aktiv" to "Aktiv". It's counter-intuitive, I know.

Sent from my iPad using Bimmerfest mobile app

1 - 9 of 9 Posts