Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I´m not a BMW expert, I have an X3 2.5SI with an electric water pump, a couple months ago I was almost at my home when suddenly (along a block) start to overheat it, I stopped the car and wait for a minutes and go to my home, The next day I went with the mechanic, he checked it and say that the water pump was not pumping so I got a new one he changed it (radiator too for a leak, and the thermostat and coolant temp sensor too), was working fine for some weeks, yesterday I was driving (beach day) and when I go back I feel an smell too bad (the battery vent was not connected) so I changed the battery (I had a very tiny battery in the trunk) and after 100 yds the car overheated again so I decided to go back the battery (original but very hot) and drove to my home without problems, the temp went normal. Today I drive for around 4 miles and the car start to overheat again I stopped the car after some minutes the temperature go to the normal and when I tried to start the engine looks like battery has not enough amps I go back to my home (I installed the tiny battery) and test at my home the water pump and looks OK my question is; is it possible that the bad battery causes that water pump does not start even with the engine on? My alternator says 13.8 V :yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:
PS Sorry for my english (latin)

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Year?
Location?
Have OBD-II, and if so, had the codes read with a BMW-specific scanner?
Replaced the ground straps yet?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BMWaufKS BMWaufKS Thanks for your reply, It´s a BMW X3 2007, I´m from Tijuana Mexico (border with San diego), have not OBD scanner, which ground straps did you say? THX again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts