BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Also, owned a1980 320i. It problems with misalignment which I found related to a crack in the frame -- and the seller said it had never been in a wreck!

Then purchased a new grey market, 1984 745i which I sold in 2017. It was a great sedan, but had some electrical problems (the grey market combustion computer and the transmission computer.

The presently owned 850ci is a wonderful to drive car both around town and on the road. Drives really good at top speed. The car has been expensive to maintain, front and rear shocks and suspension parts. The front end suspension parts have been replaced twice to stop bouncing vibration, even after a recent replacement of the arms and rods, developes some vibration at about 65 mph on older tires.

But the kicker is the random opening of the windows and sun roof. The shop had it for a year, trying every thing they could think of, including a new remote key and a new drivers door lock switch. They disconnected a few wires and switched some others to get the random fault to cause the reverse action of closing the windows. The sunroof now does not operate, staying closed. The windows try to close seal when the doors are opened, instead of dropping ½ inch This is very confusing and unacceptable. The heater controls do not control the heat correctly. The dome light does not control correctly from the door switch.

I was not charged and had use of a loaner, but will have to get them to restore it to the way it was and find some way to diagnose the random opening with the help of a BMW dealer when I get the money. What a mess this causes due to BMW's lack of a clear-cut way to diagnose this complicated electrical system.

·
Super Moderator
1,883 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts